Dc sports manifold rubbing anti roll bar

"omadc5"

Anyone have the dc sports manifold and have a problem with the anti roll bar rubbing against it? Do I need a different anti roll bar or maybe mine isn't the original one?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Anyone have the dc sports manifold and have a problem with the anti roll bar rubbing against it? Do I need a different anti roll bar or maybe mine isn't the original one?

Morning mate sounds like you may have a non oem anti roll bar as I have the DC Sport Manifold with the built in decat and I‘ve never had an issue this end with it rubbing or hitting anything

wocka

Advanced Member
Arnt the dc sports manifolds dc5 and ep3 specific?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
wocka said:
Arnt the dc sports manifolds dc5 and ep3 specific?

I believe they are so if he had the ep3 one this maybe the issue, would need to check though as been a long time since it was fitted

wocka

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I believe they are so if he had the ep3 one this maybe the issue, would need to check though as been a long time since it was fitted
This is exactly what I‘m thinking as the ep3 and dc5 ARB are different shapes

carl hammond

Advanced Member
wocka said:
This is exactly what I‘m thinking as the ep3 and dc5 ARB are different shapes

Agreed mate and mines 100% the DC5 one so it‘s a possibility I‘d say

"omadc5"

Cheers lads, yea reckon it's an ep3 arb. Will source the proper 1

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Cheers lads, yea reckon it's an ep3 arb. Will source the proper 1

I think you need to understand what parts not DC5 specific first, as in is it the Mani or the ARB that's incorrect, if you want to post a pic of your ARB we will should be able to tell as no point buying something to find it's the other part at fault, but fingers crossed the ARB is the wrong one and it's a quick easy fix mate

wocka

Advanced Member
I‘m pretty sure the ep3 won‘t fit. It‘s too short

wocka

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Dc sports Manifolds are the same for EP3 & dc5.

The EP3 requires the JDM ARB fitting to fit.
I only say this because I had the exact same problem around 5 years ago on my last dc5, was told it must be a ep3 one so I removed and sold it on

Mark_teg

Staff member
wocka said:
I only say this because I had the exact same problem around 5 years ago on my last dc5, was told it must be a ep3 one so I removed and sold it on
DC Sports is American, so the manifold is probably designed around the RSX.
Manifolds are interchangeable between the dc5 and ep3, as are the b-pipe sections, it's only the backboxes that are different due to the longer 'over-hang' at the rear of the Teg :)

"omadc5"

Can anyone tell me what this anti roll bar is off? I bought it 2nd hand advertised for the dc5 but it's the same as the one currently on the car.
But I noticed it when I had the car jacked up it only touches the manifold when the wheels are off the ground, when the weights back on the wheels it doesnt touch, there's still not much clearance though

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Can anyone tell me what this anti roll bar is off? I bought it 2nd hand advertised for the dc5 but it's the same as the one currently on the car.
But I noticed it when I had the car jacked up it only touches the manifold when the wheels are off the ground, when the weights back on the wheels it doesnt touch, there's still not much clearance though

Measure it mate and the one on the car, I believe the JDM roll bar is 22mm in diameter (both DC5 and JDM EP£) opposed to the 19mm rear anti roll bar found on the UK EP3 Type R