DC5 basic buyers guide

kingston

Advanced Member
you buy it and you can do whatever you want to it but id go with a carbon spoiler with the sides painted blue as the carbon bits are 'hi-lights' rather than bonnet.

Just working out the wording for the ad now :(

itr-skid

This is great! I'm looking into buying one in the next few weeks and might print this off and take it with me!

Cheers dude!

sweepong22

I'm new for DC5, knowing that DC5 year 2001 fix with 15" rims. May I know can I go for 17" rims as like DC5 year 2002 ?
What would be the different experience in driving ? Please have your advice..

Mark_teg

Staff member
I'm new for DC5, knowing that DC5 year 2001 fix with 15" rims. May I know can I go for 17" rims as like DC5 year 2002 ?
What would be the different experience in driving ? Please have your advice..

All DC5s have 17" wheels (as standard). DC2s have 15"/16".

dc55_11

Advanced Member
Nice guide really good stuff, however don't agree on the 7/10mph speedo difference when going for wider tires that's ridiculous Im sorry. On my previous car I went from 175 to 205 and only saw 2-3 mph difference at best

kingston

Advanced Member
dc55_11 said:
Nice guide really good stuff, however don't agree on the 7/10mph speedo difference when going for wider tires that's ridiculous Im sorry. On my previous car I went from 175 to 205 and only saw 2-3 mph difference at best
Have you tried running a narrower tyre with smaller wall on the DC5 then sweetheart?

Or are you suggesting that my, and other peoples experiences when running a 205-215/40 tyre are talking shit?

Bearing in mind that when running a 215/45, the speedo will generally run at around 5mph more than real world gps speed (unless your really lucky and yours has been calibrated by a pro) from factory, pending on speed?

Mbk786

Advanced Member
I have just bought a Silver DC5 my number plate does say ITR.DC5.COM - so someone on here must know something about it ? REG is: KB51DBZ

If anyone has any background information please drop me a message. Thanks

Roog91

Thanks for this helpfull topic.

Lots of info that can be used in the future.

massive thanks.

alimujahid_dc5

I just had a nice read at work, very detailed an precise and learnt a couple of new things about the DC5.

Top job admins!

Muzzy

Just bought my first dc5 the other day. who do you recommend for insurance as I'm going to have to phone up all the companies as comparison sites don't list a dc5 integra 😑

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Muzzy said:
Just bought my first dc5 the other day. who do you recommend for insurance as I'm going to have to phone up all the companies as comparison sites don't list a dc5 integra 😑
Greenlight
Brentacre
Adrian Flux
A plan
Keith Mitchell

You should be good with those.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Muzzy said:
Just bought my first dc5 the other day. who do you recommend for insurance as I'm going to have to phone up all the companies as comparison sites don't list a dc5 integra
Elephant have the car listed online ;)

T.G.

SnejVTEC

Advanced Member
I think I have found one more difference on pre-Facelift models.
The lower end of the rear bumper mounts with clips on early cars. On later ones there's bolts instead :)

SnejVTEC

Advanced Member
I think I have found one more difference on pre-Facelift models.
The lower end of the rear bumper mounts with clips on early cars. On later ones there's bolts instead :)

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Soundproofing inside a pillars (a pathetic amount) as I've just found out.

Door locks have extra security, sheet metal gaurds behind the mechanism to stop them being brute forced.

Strut brace redesigned too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk