Dc5 bonnet pull help required.

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
My bonnet cable is good. Just I snapped the plastic bonnet pull inside the car. I was thinking of glueing it back but it will only snap again. I need the plastic pull bit please.

Are these prone to snapping?

Is it hard to replace?

If anyone can help let me know thanks.

skengdR

Advanced Member
you can get the whole kit replaced , tegiwa sell them but they are about 70 quid i think.

Same thing happened to mine , I got some pliers in the car to assist now until i got a spare 70 to replace it.

You can also find some cheaper replacements normally come in different colors on ebay. These you screw on with an allen key but it depends how it broke off if these work or not. I bought one but it didnt work for me , only around 5 quid so cheap to try. If i find it ill send a pic later.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2ndy

Advanced Member
Not too bad to replaces just a bit fiddly getting the cables up through the wings which is easily sorted by removing the drivers side arch liner.

I actually have a bonnet cable and pull somewhere I'd probably sell if I can find it. Bought it as my original bonnet pull had broke and was hard to get the bonnet open but then fitted aero catches so didn't need it

skengdR

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
Not too bad to replaces just a bit fiddly getting the cables up through the wings which is easily sorted by removing the drivers side arch liner.

I actually have a bonnet cable and pull somewhere I'd probably sell if I can find it. Bought it as my original bonnet pull had broke and was hard to get the bonnet open but then fitted aero catches so didn't need it
if you find it let me know

2ndy

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
if you find it let me know

Have found it. Its all in good working condition. I gave £30 posted for it so would be happy if I got that back for it.

If interested drop me a pm!