DC5 Ceased Production?

discopanda

Just got an email from GT Culture to say...

Sadly we can not get new DC5 aged over 2005, as this was the last year of production
Bugger. I thought 2006 was the end of the model :( [/url]

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
That sounds correct to me...

Honda have a model life of 5 yrs.... first produced in 2001

Mike

Tarmac

Advanced Member
yep - correct indeedy. you could always buy a new RSX and do a 1 y.o. R conversion on her! Extreme but good! :lol:

Patrice14

i believe they should put that new SH-AWD on the ITR..maybe a slight facelift if they think the look is old by now, and probably a 2.2L engine like they did the new Civic R

just my 2cents

gregb

Advanced Member
6 years driving integras now,i hope they replace it.
always had an eye for them like no other honda :cry:

discopanda

I had my heart set on a brand new one with 'new car smell' :(

Lets hope they produce this rumoured AWD integra.

EXY

MJ Type-R said:

Mike
What about the S2000 or does it reset with each facelift?

ausR

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:

Mike
DC2 had a life of more than 5 years too.

and its not the end of a model life its the end of a line as its integra thats getting finished not the dc5 chassis

crxvtec

Advanced Member
the last year of production is 2006, not 2005. Pointless facelifting a car at the end of 2004 if you're gonna kill it in 15 months!

JiB

Advanced Member
Patrice14 said:
i believe they should put that new SH-AWD on the ITR..maybe a slight facelift if they think the look is old by now, and probably a 2.2L engine like they did the new Civic R

just my 2cents
It'll be too heavy and lose it's chuckability. If you want AWD get a evo or Subbie. NOT a Type R.....all imho.

An AWD, larger displacement torque-monster Euro R on the other hand.... 8)

dan the man

Advanced Member
crxvtec said:
the last year of production is 2006, not 2005. Pointless facelifting a car at the end of 2004 if you're gonna kill it in 15 months!
facelifting costs sod all prob tho to do..

crxvtec

Advanced Member
"Sod all" = millions. Think of the supply chain, the storage of parts, marketing, education...anyway, it's not something a company does if they're going to kill the model in 15 months.

There are no plans to produce the DC5 next year, so this is its last year of production.

Suped

Advanced Member
this is the end for the "integra" badge, but for Honda to slap a Civic coupe badge is another story. :lol:

crxvtec

Advanced Member
My thoughts are:

a) the new CTR is at the same "level" as the old CTR.
b) the DC5 is removed with no apparent replacement, which means there's no plan to create an enhanced model based on the Civic (which is basically what the Integra is)
c) The Accord Euro R is a bit pointless these days when all other vendors eclipse it - and it's JDM only.
d) the NSX supercar is now discontinued.
e) the S2000 is on its way out.

I think that Honda have created the space for a SH-AWD 300bhp thundersaloon to satisfy Honda performance fans who want something in the mid-market segment - an Impreza STi or Mitsubishi Evo rival, but with Honda values.

Honda did this with the DC2 originally - the DC2R development mule was a 220bhp AWD Integrale killer, but was downgraded for production to 2WD and 190bhp because it lapped Motegi faster than the NSX. Now there is no NSX, there's no reason why they couldn't put such a car out there...they certainly wouldn't be treading on their own toes anymore and they stand a fighting chance of a) improving Honda's market share globally and b) beating Mitsubishi and Subaru at their own game.

I reckon it will happen. And I reckon most of us will want one.

Suped

Advanced Member
oh yes indeedy.. but would use it as a daily runner and keep the teg in the garage all nicely polished.