DC5 facelift lower ball joint

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I recently bought a 2005 Honda Integra DC5 Type R in championship white. I've had the car about a month after buying it locally off someone in the north of Scotland. The car is in excellent condition throughout but for peace of mind I had it put up on a ramp to get a proper look underneath to see what I had purchased!

It was imported earlier this year so it was very clean and I am the first UK owner. It only has two mods which finish off the car nicely - air induction and cat back exhaust.

Its immaculate for its age underneath but I noticed that the front lower ball joint boot has perished and has some grease around it. Now I have had a search on the forum about it but can you replace just the boot? If not, can you replace just the lower ball joint? And if not again.. would it be a case of having to swap the whole hub?

I have attached some photos to help.

Any help is appreciated!

Jordan

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hi Jordan.

I've recently replaced both ball joints however mine is a prefacelift so the parts might be different, I'm sure someone else can confirm. You're best double checking with Honda, give Dave at Steels Honda in Hereford a call as he'll be able to tell you.

Here's the part number, they're actually off a Honda Prelude BB6 but they fit perfectly as they're exactly the same size as the OEM DC5 joints. DC5 ball joints are pretty much impossible to get hold of I believe.

https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-cars/assignment_spare_parts/51220S30N21

Hope this helps.

Marc

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Cheers Marc. I just popped down to my local Honda dealer and they can get me a boot and circlip which will be fine if my ball joint is good. If not Honda only supply the whole hub which works out a lot more expensive.

24 quid vs over 300!! Fingers crossed it's only the boot that's perished and nothing else inside. I will check out the prelude as back up option.

Jordan

carl hammond

Advanced Member
You need the below part numbers

Part number: 51225-SL5-003 + 52226-SL0-003

eBay item number 183240727606

The seller is great and sells genuine Honda parts only and £30-£36 I believe for the two parts needed

Carl

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
JordanSuth said:
Cheers Marc. I just popped down to my local Honda dealer and they can get me a boot and circlip which will be fine if my ball joint is good. If not Honda only supply the whole hub which works out a lot more expensive.

24 quid vs over 300!! Fingers crossed it's only the boot that's perished and nothing else inside. I will check out the prelude as back up option.

Jordan

No probs mate! Sounds like you've managed to sort it out so happy days!