DC5, Gruppe-M, Spoon Strut Bar....Do they work together?!!!

gonzo

Advanced Member
Ok, plans were to fitt a gruppe-m and a spoon upper front strut bar but im having doubts as to whether these can both be installed together (see pics!) can anyone confirm if there is enough room to fit the spoon strut bar over the Gruppe-M without causing problems!!

Gruppe-M installed

Spoon Strut bar installed

gonzo

Advanced Member
From what I can see the strut bar comes in front of the res. tanks on the left (bottom pic) and in the top pic the gruppe-m looks in line with those tanks.

Any one got either of them? Can you measure the distance from the bulkhead!!

Gary

Advanced Member
Well this is a guess but lookin at the way the box is designed with the unusual 90 degree angle on the intake I don't see any reason for this to be done on purpose other than to allow for a strut bar because it is surely detrimental to airflow! Also the GruppeM is an out and out race induction box hence why the scoop needs trimmed to allow the bonnet to be opened and closed without having to remove it everytime and I've yet to see a track car without at least a front strut brace so it wouldn't seem right if fitting one would prevent you from fitting the other!

Gary

Advanced Member
Just another thought Gonzo if you wanna make dead sure before takin the plunge you could ring Guy at CPL or even Paul at System R who is 100% because both of them have race tuned Civics, fitted with GruppeM's and they're also authorised dealers for same!

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi All,

I've been running the GruppeM on mine for a while and managed to fit the Mugen strut bar, but it was a bit tight. Because of this I removed the Mugen strut and sold it with a view of buying another brand with a better clearance. Guy at CPL has another brand strut (which I can't remember) that I can cofirm does fit. I've also offered up the Spoon strut from Tom at T&G (Fleet) and that clears as well.

I've not been in a hurry to fit another strut bar because I believe the car is stiff enough as it is for the track when running road tyres. When I start running half-slicks this year I'll probably put a strut bar back on.

Cheers,

Jon

gonzo

Advanced Member
Cheers Jon,

I'll take it on your word then that the spoon fits with the gruppeM :wink: :lol:

It looks like it does in the pics - i just needed it confirmed in my mind before ordering!

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
I really do hope that the spoon clears the G-M as I am about to order 2 !

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
I have had no issues with my GruppeM and Mugen bar installed. I actually can almost fit my finger in between the 2 which is plenty of clearance. Just in case I have put sponge tape on the GruppeM where it comes closest to the Mugen bar. You can also move the GruppeM towards the firewall some as well to give a bit more clearance, by doing this, I applied more sponge tape on the bottom of the lip where it comes close to the stock bar.