DC5 Knowledge

Jor-El

Advanced Member
Hi all.

I am considering getting an Integra Type R. I'd like to know all about it that I can. I'd appreciate any info from the specs to the type of induction kit to the muffler, lowering springs and all in between

Thanks

JOM

Advanced Member
Hi Jol-El,

Nobody is going be able to give you all that information in a post.
I am afraid you are going to have to sit and read through the posts in the relevent sections on the site.

Then if you have any specific questions psot these and you should get an answer.

James

P.S. Welcome to the site :D

Jor-El

Advanced Member
Yeah, I've been doing that. Scouring these boards since I joined. I was just asking incase I missed anything.

JOM

Advanced Member
Right, so you won't be coming to any meets then.....

Would get DC5 out there or would it be an Acrua RSX?

James

Jor-El

Advanced Member
Well, I'd be getting it form Japan, So it would be the DC5. Heh, coming to meets would be a costly proposition:)

JOM

Advanced Member
I seem to think we had someone before on the forum from the Carribean, maybe somebody will remember who.

They might be able to advise on importing...

James

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Only two who have posted (incl their region) are kunley21 from Kingston Jamaica and TYPER from Carribean. Having checked their posts, both seem to be owners rather than lookers.

ps. According to kunley21, there are white and blue DC5s all over Kingston but all the other colours are very rare... now where have I heard that before?

TYPER

Jor-El

How is it going? I live in Trinidad and bought the type r version in September been loving it ever since, You would definetely get the same version if importing from Japan if you want some basic info check www.honda.co.jp you will need a language translator like babelfish to read it though as it is in japanese.
As far as aftermarket parts you can stay N/A and go with the toda engine kit gain about 55 hp at the wheels, go turbo sky is the limit probably have traction problems though and apparently there are a couple of supercharger kits as well.

Jor-El

Advanced Member
Anyone know if the GReddy turbo kit for the US Acura RSX will fill flush into the Type R?

I know they are essentially the same car, but I'd like to know for certain.

TYPER

It will fit. There is also a rev hard turbo kit, HKS turbo and a couple of supercharger kits out there.
The only difference really between the engines is that the Type R is a slightly higher compression.
I think the main problem however might be traction.
Anyone running a turbo kit on there Type R? If so could they advise any problems they might have.