DC5 N.Wales camping meet (August 2nd-4th)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hey all,

Just guaging interest more than anything, we used to do something similar back on the CRX forum.

Was thinking it might be good to have a meet in the summer at some point and get a little drive or two in in the process. Is this something people would be keen on?

I'm in North Wales and know of a good campsite near Morfa Nefyn on the tip of the Lleyn Peninsula (North West Wales) that I don't mind arranging, I've stayed there a few times and you can roll up into the field in the car and you pay when you get there (They come round and collect the money). It's not mega expensive to camp if you bring a tent, think it's about a tenner a night or something.

Would be good for people to meet each other and have a few ales, BBQ and go on some drives as we have some decent roads around here. Appreciate it might not be for everyone and also we're scattered all over the UK so North Wales might be a tad too far for people to drive to for a weekend.

Here's the campsite and below is a pub which is about a ten min walk from the site. If you're keen please reply with just your forum name so we can guage numbers and we'll go from there.

http://www.caffiporthdinllaen.co.uk/caravan-porthdinllaen.html

http://www.tycoch.co.uk/

Cheers

Marc

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Count me in Marc, won't be the first time I've slept in the boot of the teg either ;)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Could be interested depending on dates mate.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
coyote_dc5 said:
Count me in Marc, won't be the first time I've slept in the boot of the teg either ;)

Luis90 said:
Interested depending on dates

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Awesome, nice one guys.

I'll have a look at potential dates in July or August and see if these are suitable for everyone. Can those who are interested please respond with a preferred weekend if you can think of one?

Ideally you may need the Friday off to travel down and get pitched up and then stay maybe Friday and Saturday night then people can head off on the Sunday, does that sound ok?

There are decent showers on site as well, the road in is a little bumpy but is fine if you go slowly.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
What about July 26th - 28th. Is that weekend suitable?

Also thinking, if people want to come down on the Saturday and just stay the 1 night that is also absolutely fine. Don't feel you have to stay for both nights if you don't want to.

Wives and girlfriends are also welcome. :)

Cheers

Marc

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:

Haha you're not going to kip in the car are you? lol

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Here's a list I've started, provisional of course.

Crazylegs
JohnGreen537
DanCoyoyte
Luis90
Skengdr
Kev.W. (Saturday drive only)
Mike Pow
LeeDC5 (Maybe)

skengdR

Advanced Member
Count me in , probably for 1 night , my misses is good with a camera so I am sure she will take a lot of pics for whoever else is there and I can email them .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
Count me in , probably for 1 night , my misses is good with a camera so I am sure she will take a lot of pics for whoever else is there and I can email them .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Awesome mate nice one! Plenty of places to stop off and take pictures. One night is absolutely fine as well. I'll add you to the list.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Kev.W said:
I may just pop over for the Saturday drive as I‘ve got a stag night on the 27th July
Of course mate no probs! Even if some just want to come for a drive that's absolutely fine. Are you local or near North Wales then Kev?

Kev.W

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Of course mate no probs! Even if some just want to come for a drive that's absolutely fine. Are you local or near North Wales then Kev?
Nope haha I‘m from Derby

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Ha ha you're not far at all then really, maybe 3 hours tops? Would be good to have you there mate and maybe get a few others from the Midlands to convoy up with you.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hey guys, I'll revisit the thread in a weeks time, see if anymore are interested in coming, and then if everyone's happy I'll book the campsite.

Can everyone please let me know by next week at the latest if the following dates are OK please.

July 26th - 28th

Cheers

Marc

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a wedding on the 27th would you believe it. Will deffo try and make the drive though somehow

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
I've got a wedding on the 27th would you believe it. Will deffo try and make the drive though somehow

No way!

What about the following weekend then instead?

August 2nd to 4th?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Nice one mate, we need you there Dan as it wouldn't be the same without you lol

So proposed date is now August 2nd - 4th (Friday to the Sunday)

If you can kindly reply to the below and add your name with a yes or a no next to it please.

Cheers!