DC5 Newbie... coming from Clio's, advice needed please :o)

garethjb

Right, thought i'd introduce myself. I've basically been looking at a couple of DC5's over the weekend and thought i'd say hello and get some opinions as well.

My car history of late has been very French, having had Clio 182 Trophy's for the last 18 months - one got written off in November last year so i went and bought another with my insurance money! :p My GF also has a 182 as well. I recently sold my Trophy with the intention of getting a Megane R26, but Renault have changed the specs and i now can't order the exact one i want until late September, which means delivery in January more than likely.

My old car and the GF's car :

So, back on track... i'm looking at either of these two DC5's :

a 04 plate in Black, 12k miles, Red Recaros, no C pack but with tinted rear windows - £14995

OR

a 55 facelifted version in Black again, 1.2k miles, Black Recaros, no C pack but again tinted rear windows - £16995

Of those two, what do people think of the prices? I have a little bit of temptation towards getting the 55 plate - i have a small thing in my mind where when i change cars it needs to be as new as what i had previously. But at the same time, the 04 plate one fits my budget a bit better and wouldnt be such a stretch financially... however, ignoring the financial side of things, what would your preference be?

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Gareth - Welcome Welcome :wink: :lol:

I replied to your PM's mate.

Andy from 200BHP cars will reply to this I'm sure.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Myself personally would probably go for the 04 one simply because I prefer the pre-facelift version.
It's all about which you prefer, whichever you get you will love to pieces :)

Cheers
Wardy

tron2k3

Advanced Member
me three, go for the prefacelift :lol:

and spend the leftover cash on mods, expecially a GruppeM 8)

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Lemme do the maths

Clio trophy
Black 04 DC5
Black 55 DC5

= All vehicles.co.uk????

Either you choose will be a MINTER from steve.

Bought my teg from steve and never looked back. Personally id go for the black one hahahahaha

no seriously, the 04 plate - Facelift sucks!

tedg

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
All vehicles.co.uk????

Either you choose will be a MINTER from steve.

Bought my teg from steve and never looked back. Personally id go for the black one hahahahaha

no seriously, the 04 plate - Facelift sucks!
Yeah looks like he has all the best colours to choose from 8)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I'm not a fan on the facelift. The front has been toned down and it doesn't look as aggressive, and that black line on the rear bumper - WTF?

IMO of course.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

wrightyrs

Advanced Member
Another Clio Trophy owner changing to a DC5.

I'm getting my DC5 from Steve at AllVehicles this week(maybe next week).

I'm getting the white facelift DC5 he has and can't wait.

garethjb

wrightyrs said:
Another Clio Trophy owner changing to a DC5.

I'm getting my DC5 from Steve at AllVehicles this week(maybe next week).

I'm getting the white facelift DC5 he has and can't wait.
didnt see the white ones advertised... just started looking yesterday and spotted these two black ones.

garethjb

well through the course of the day i've been thinking it over and am swaying more and more towards the 04 pre facelift.

i am however struggling big time on insurance which might actually put and end to my getting one :cry:

i had a 12.5k claim in November last year and although i'm 27 with 8 years protected NCB i'm not able to find a quote under £1k. I point blank refuse to pay £1k a year to insure a car, old age principle if you like but one that i'm not prepared to change on.

Still waiting on A Plan to give me a quote, but have found Tesco, Privilege and Adrian Flux to be all pretty expensive :?

wrightyrs

Advanced Member
I've had 3 claims in the last 3 years so the insurance is pretty high,Tesco's being the cheapest at £950 but is the value one with no extra's.

Am going to try A-Plan and Adrian Flux again and see if they can get cover that has windscreen and legal but nothing else.
Don't need the courtesy car stuff as have use of other cars.

garethjb

well A Plan have come in with a quote of 934 inc protected NCD and a 350 excess. i thought that to be pretty reasonable in all honesty

bezza4

Advanced Member
I came from a 172 Cup back in Feb. You won't regret it mate. I haven't looked back!

I personally prefer the pre-facelift and found A Plan to be the cheapest on insurance.