DC5 or S2000?

Big G

Hi all. First time poster so go easy! DC5 or S2000-what do i go for? Performance and handling is what i'm after-economy and styling are secondary-although i do prefer the look of the DC5!

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
Given both cars stock the DC5 will be easier to exploit on the track and as a result the average driver will be able to get better laps around a track, also go faster around bends. S2000 will accelerate slightly faster but a DC5 should be able to keep up with the s2000 at higher speeds. DC5 is about 70 kg lighter and should have less transmission losses. I think s2000 feels less torquy at low rpms. This is my opinion. Also i find the R a lot more practical, great legroom both for front and rear and huge trunk to carry stuff. I like the design of interior dash more, i find the S2000' dash outdated.

The Meist_R

Advanced Member
Hi and welcome. Go for the S2000 mate, the DC5 looks good but is utter sh!te, highly overated especially in handling department. I'm sure many other disappointed DC5 owners will back me up here.

j9jrx

Advanced Member
Hi and welcome. Go for the S2000 mate, the DC5 looks good but is utter sh!te, highly overated especially in handling department. I'm sure many other disappointed DC5 owners will back me up here.
here here :!:

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
I disagree. I have just gone from a S2000 to a DC5, and I'm loving my new ride. To get the best from the S2000, road conditions need to be perfect, whereas the DC5 is a lot more forgiving. To be able to get the better S2000's out there (ie. 04 and on), you'll need to shell out quite a bit too.

Also, while the DC5's handling is not *quite* as good as the S2000 (to say it's 'shite' is just ridiculous), it's front wheel drive so that's to be expected. On the other hand, the DC5 won't jump up and bite you on the ass anywhere near as often.

But then my S2000 ownership wasn't the problem free 2 years I was hoping for, so maybe I'm a bit jaded.

Just my opinion, but as I've actually owned both, figured it may be worth something...

macer

Advanced Member
@Sumimasen I think there was just a hint of a tint of Sarcasm from The Meist_R.

Archie

Advanced Member
This is easy..........

If your a hair dresser get the S2000

If not its got to be a DC5

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PS. its got to be white :D

Si

Parts Trader
:lol: :-k These threads are getting very common place these days.

I like both cars :oops: , while everyones points are valid on the handling/practicality of the cars - Nothing beat driving topless down a country lane in the summer listening to the vtec F20C scream away....

(especially with the N1 on!)

macer

Advanced Member
This happened at my last trackday in Mondello Dublin on the 1st of May, Such a waste of a nice car.

Not sure about the S2000 having better handling now, maybe for more experienced drivers but I reckon the handling of the DC5 is far easier for us novice drivers

Evs

Advanced Member
j9jrx said:
here here :!:
Agreed xthumbup :lol:

matt b

Advanced Member
I had the mk1 s2000 the real mans one :wink: its was very twitchy but great great fun :lol:

ADHDboy

Advanced Member
The answer is easy, do you want a convertible or a coupe ??

If you can't answer that question then how do you know what you want.

Big G said:
Hi all. First time poster so go easy! DC5 or S2000-what do i go for? Performance and handling is what i'm after-economy and styling are secondary-although i do prefer the look of the DC5!

dan the man

Advanced Member
Both great cars IMO.

both look good, inside and out and both fabulous honda technology.

which do u like most and which will u drive the best

I chose DC5 as had a DC2 and am good at FWD and as still young drive like a loon so chose DC5 in favour of SKIP as wanted to have kids at some point when im alive.. :lol:

think i would have handled a S2K but went sensible and got DC5

knew i would love both anyway so..DC5 is rarer too mostly

chunman81

Advanced Member
i havent drove any of them. but for me i would choose the dc5. mainly cos of the looks and the space. i have a lot of stuff and the boot will be nice :D

what you you want anyway? they are totally different cars and different handling characteristics :idea: