DC5 Owner in Dorset

EH DC5

Hi everyone,
I just got myself a DC5 and I love it so far. Not seen many about in Dorset so far, but I guess there must be a few. My DC5 has just ticked over 95k. I have read that the timing chain tensioner can fail and the timing chain can stretch at around 100k mark. Is this true and has it happened to anyone on here? Can you normally tell when the timing chain is stretched or is it one of those things that you can't tell till it has been changed.

Cheers!

abbey132

where abouts in dorset? quite a few members in the area i think, need a mini meet one weekend!

danr19

Advanced Member
abbey132 said:
where abouts in dorset? quite a few members in the area i think, need a mini meet one weekend!
Welcome EH DC5. I'm in Hythe so not too far away. There's a few of us about. Come along to Simply Japanese at Beaulieu Motor Museum on July 29th if you can - it's in the 'meets' section. It's a good day out out. Cheap, fun, and nice and relaxed..... and we need some more cars for the stand :wink:

EH DC5

abbey132 said:
North Dorset, gillingham area. Yea that would be awsome!

danr19 said:
Welcome EH DC5. I'm in Hythe so not too far away. There's a few of us about. Come along to Simply Japanese at Beaulieu Motor Museum on July 29th if you can - it's in the 'meets' section. It's a good day out out. Cheap, fun, and nice and relaxed..... and we need some more cars for the stand :wink:
Thanks mate I shall have a look cheers!