Dc5 Ownership

Just wanted to post our first post on a new profile which both myself (Andy) and Baz have access too.
It’s been a long time since I posted on here since 200bhpcars frequented the forum back in 2006-2010 - so go to anyone of the original members still here (and still in DC5 ownership presumably ) Kudos ✊

we’ve recently purchased a bit of a nostalgic project at BHP as a track toy planned to see the tarmac , perhaps at mimms Honda 2022.

This DC5 was imported by us for a female owner local to us in the north east back in 2007 - the hey day of “cheap” DC5’s from Japan heh .

The past few years haven’t been kind to it though, having moved only a few miles in the past 5 years it was left to effectively rot on a driveway in not so sunny Sunderland ☹.
We were offered to give it a new lease of life and jumped at the chance tbh - having covered just 75,000 miles from new the engine, gearbox and interior are - to be honest, in great condition - the body work hasn’t however fared as well - we will share some photos and videos once we start to cut away at the rust but you can see some of the extent in the pics attached.
We’re both Excited to get our teeth in to this car and start building a fun track bhp toy to play with , we will share the build with you all along the way and no doubt be asking for advice and parts along the way -

it’s nice to be back

regards

Andy & Baz

Attachments

Last edited:
Cheers Andy. I'm going back eleven years. My rear plate still has the 200BHP name thereon. Please don't transform that Teg into one of them Mazda Bongo's you had the hots for. LOL.
Ha ha - yeah our bongo days are long gone now - welldone still rocking the original plate - impressive

LeeH

Advanced Member
Hi Andy,

I remember collecting my DC5 from you back in 2006, fond memories. Kept it for 5 years I think.

Did you cease trading for a while?

Is Baz the vtec-direct guy?

We've been busy with personal imports, building a FEEL's FD2 for a client and overseeing some Nismo alterations to an M-Spec NUR in Japan. Busy times!

Parts are arriving each week for the DC5, the car is now full of boxes and the final deliveries are due before May.. So, here is the long overdue update..

- -
Imported by BHP Imports some 16 years ago! 75k miles, original car except a cold air intake..

:
Carpet, rear seats, roof lining removed.
Underside cleaned, all components removed.
Arch linings removed, front fenders removed and replaced with wide arches, rear arches.. well, let's see how that goes!

:
Mugen Reserviour Tank Cover
Mugen Engine Mount set
Mugen Carbon Plug Cover
Mugen Oil Filter
Mugen Oil Cap
Spoon Throttle Body
FEEL's Header with cat bypass
FEEL's Sonic Muffler
Spoon Radiator Hose Set
Koyo Radiator
GruppeM RamAir Kit
Toda Racing Sump
Toda Racing Chains
Toda Racing Tensioner
M&M Honda K20A Head Cover
M&M Honda Inlet Manifold Gasket
M&M Honda Low Temp Thermostat
M&M Honda Fan Switch
M&M Honda Engine Torque Damper
Hondata K-Pro Management

/:
Aragosta Type S Suspension Kit
New OEM Rear Lower Arms and Trailing Arms
Tracy Sports Front Lower Arms
Spoon Front Rigid Collar Kit
Spoon Rear Rigid Collar Kit
Spoon Complete Bush Set
J's Racing Rear Camber Kit
J's Racing Roll Center Adjusters
Cusco 25mm Front Anti Roll Bar
Cusco 25mm Rear Anti Roll Bar
M&M Honda Front Brace
M&M Honda Rear Brace
M&M Honda Tie Bar
M&M Honda Adjustable Tie Rods

:
M&M Honda Clutch Hose
Spoon Final Drive
Spoon Ring Gear Bolt Set
Spoon Drive Shaft Set
OS Giken SuperLock LSD
Ogura Racing SE Clutch

/:
Wider Front Arches to accomodate 17x9s
Mugen Number Plate Bolt Set
Spoon Carbon Mirrors
Spoon Wipers
Shift Sports Carbon Bonnet
Ings Twill Weave Carbon Lip
Ings Dry Carbon 1400mm Rear Wing
Weds TC105X 17x9 ET25 Front
Weds TC105X 17x8 ET42 Rear
Nankank NS-2R 255/45R17 Front
Nankank NS-2R 235/45R17 Rear
M&M Honda Carbon Diffuser

:
Spoon Monocoque Calipers
Project MU Curving Slit 2piece Front Discs
Endless CCRG Front Pads
Endless SSM Rear pads
Genuine Honda Rear Discs
Endless Brake Lines
Endless Brake Fluid

:
Cusco 13 Point Rollcage (avoids dash)
Spoon Rear View Mirror
Spoon Steering Hub
Spoon Steering Wheel
Bride RO Rails
Recaro Side Mounts
Recaro Pole Positions in Red
HPI Harnesses
Defi Single Din Gauge Pod

The aim for 2022 was to get the car reliable and setup to how we like it. We love the DC5 but it lacks driver feedback compared to the double wishbone setup of the EG/DC2.

We may have go with an oil cooler depending on how she performs. For 2023 we are looking at the Toda stroker with Toda ITBs, cams, springs and headgasket.. But we really need to keep her under 98dbs!

More to come soon..