DC5 Prices 2021 & onwards

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
Personally think they are dreaming at this price! But unfortunately this will be the norm in a few months! I’d probably pay this for a mint low mileage example in the right colour etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lemons

Advanced Member
I might sounds crazy but compared to what else is out there a good condition DC5 at £20k still doesn't seem bad value. Not as easy to find good ones at auction in Japan any more. Fun modern classic with cheap running costs £20k?

Obviously there are much cheaper cars available in the UK.

Besthonda

o_O
Wow it does make one wonder who actually can afford these cars. I mean 20k isn't small amount of money so it's a bit of a thinker I would say. I love Japanese cars especially hondas but everything has its price that you wouldn't pay over it. I mean good luck to the people selling and great that they can make a great return on there money but I guess these cars will become garage queens.

delsoljon86

Advanced Member
I might sounds crazy but compared to what else is out there a good condition DC5 at £20k still doesn't seem bad value. Not as easy to find good ones at auction in Japan any more. Fun modern classic with cheap running costs £20k?

Obviously there are much cheaper cars available in the UK.
I agree! A hell of a good car for the money! Driver focused, smiles per mile and cheap to run! Granted your getting into other car territory at that price but for driver experience, doubt there’s much to compete with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James-T

Advanced Member
Fresh imports from other companies seem to be around £14-£15k at the moment.

£20k is just unrealistic IMO.

James-T

Advanced Member
There's a few nice DC5s coming up in the Japanese auctions shortly.

60k mile grade 4 2002 in white tonight - will report back with how much it goes for. Baz at BHP Imports reckons 1.4-1.6m JPY + OTR costs.

L33LEG

I've noticed recently that the import companies have put their DC5s up a few grand for around £15-16k. I've got a fresh import (summer 2020) that's been in my garage all winter and tempted to sell. How much privately are these expected to go for now for immaculate rust free examples?

Mik0

I’m new into the world of DC5s but it seems to me that they’re doing the same thing as any other Japanese car at the moment. Before I decided I wanted a DC5 I was on the lookout for another Nissan S13/S14 and the prices of those are unbelievable at the moment - however many put it down to “covid tax” however I can’t see them magically dropping once this is all over...

When I was searching for the Honda over the past few weeks I couldnt help but see plenty clean examples with not necessarily low miles being put up for really high prices. I think like L33LEG says above, they’re just putting a huge upmark on them to see if people will pay it.

Neith

I paid around £12.5k for my DC5 a few months ago, but even in a few months they've crept up to around £14-15k. The black one for just under £20k is a bit unrealistic, but given how fast prices are starting to go up I don't think it'll be too long until we're there. As above it's affecting a lot of Japanese cars at the minute, even S15s are getting up to nearly £20k now. The interesting thing is going to be what happens to the values after COVID. There's a chance values might drop off, but honestly I don't see it happening. It's crazy to think that even 5-6 years ago you could pick up a R32 GT-R for £8-10k; dread to think what they're worth now.

Glad I bought my DC5 when I did!

Mik0

I paid around £12.5k for my DC5 a few months ago, but even in a few months they've crept up to around £14-15k. The black one for just under £20k is a bit unrealistic, but given how fast prices are starting to go up I don't think it'll be too long until we're there. As above it's affecting a lot of Japanese cars at the minute, even S15s are getting up to nearly £20k now. The interesting thing is going to be what happens to the values after COVID. There's a chance values might drop off, but honestly I don't see it happening. It's crazy to think that even 5-6 years ago you could pick up a R32 GT-R for £8-10k; dread to think what they're worth now.

Agreed! However £20k for an S15 might not be enough judging by this... (and another up for £30k on ebay)

Edit: and R32 GTR now will set you back £23k-35k onwards easily.

93ACA543-869B-45C1-B335-553478B824B9.jpeg

carl hammond

Advanced Member

I will put a slight perspective on it, I was offered an NA-1 NSX-R about 12yrs ago (£38K) being stupid I didn't buy it although it was my best mate selling it and I knew the car :-(. Now that's a 120K car

About 7yrs ago I sold my R33 GTR V-Spec Running a 1000hp NurSPECII R34 Race engine (over 100K spent on the engine), sold that for 18K, a car that looks very similar (colour wheels etc) but is only 500hp sold for 27K a few months back

Dec 2019 my house sold and I had the offer accepted on the new one in Jan, I was watching the Mugen RR prices and a mate was going to secure me one. When Looking then they were 30K ish, I wanted to wait until I had a move date to be sure nothing went wrong, I moved in late July 2020, looked and ofund a Mugen RR but dropped out as they were selling for 80K+.

No I am waiting for lockdowns to ease so I can get out and test drive other things and maybe sell the 5 as half the JDM stuff imo is not worth half what the prices are and the prices are hiked not due to Covid but due to collectors and investors buying them. The high prices DC2's that sold, the NSX-R's and the recent Mugen RR's have all been sold to collectors and investors in Japan, Hong Kong and the USA (one or two have been going to Australia).

Prices have gone mad and I don't see them coming down anytime soon if at all, but the issue is most are priced out, e.g. I wont pay that for a Civic Mugen RR, no way, far more out there for the money, I must have considered the value of mine well below actual value based on what I have seen recently.

L33LEG

Agree with Carl, prices of classic and performance cars are rising fast and isn't just covid tax, especially Japanese cars with Japan and the US pricing everybody out of the market.

I feel you pain selling cars and not buying certain ones seeing prices some go for now. Not quite to the extreme of your examples but I've got an immaculate EK9 that in trying to figure out if it's worth selling now but can see me regretting it massively in years to come. So many jap cars that I want to try but majority are way over 30k+ now and it's hard to justify it.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Agree with Carl, prices of classic and performance cars are rising fast and isn't just covid tax, especially Japanese cars with Japan and the US pricing everybody out of the market.

I feel you pain selling cars and not buying certain ones seeing prices some go for now. Not quite to the extreme of your examples but I've got an immaculate EK9 that in trying to figure out if it's worth selling now but can see me regretting it massively in years to come. So many jap cars that I want to try but majority are way over 30k+ now and it's hard to justify it.
All I can say is only sell it when you know it’s the right time

I have a few non purchase regrets but don’t regret selling any car I’ve had apart from the Lancia as that was honestly something else.

I’m considering an Aerial Atom or Exige (failing that a 111R supercharged if I like how they drive), so far I’ve only driven the Atom but it’s a real 50/50 car as so limited.

mine car I never owned I wanted too was the EK9 as I went or buy one and it ended up being a dog :-(

L33LEG

Yeah we shouldn't have any regrets because selling things makes us able to move onto something else.

Saw a black exige recently, I've no use for one but they look absolutely amazing.

The ek9 I've got is immaculate so was worth buying, I couldn't turn it down ha. I want to sell one of my Honda's but really struggling to decide which, a dc5 was always a dream car for me so makes sense to keep that but I feel the ek9 is a better investment. Although looking at that black dc5 it'll be interesting if it sells for that.

Lemons

Advanced Member
Yeah we shouldn't have any regrets because selling things makes us able to move onto something else.

Saw a black exige recently, I've no use for one but they look absolutely amazing.

The ek9 I've got is immaculate so was worth buying, I couldn't turn it down ha. I want to sell one of my Honda's but really struggling to decide which, a dc5 was always a dream car for me so makes sense to keep that but I feel the ek9 is a better investment. Although looking at that black dc5 it'll be interesting if it sells for that.
We need pictures of this EK9!

carl hammond

Advanced Member

That’s a tough choice to select between as big are very good cars. Depends if you want a car to just enjoy no matter what or as an investment I guess, not sure what the going rates are for EK9’s etc but prob far more than I’d consider paying for one but if you sell it let me know details and pics and you never know lol :)

L33LEG

That’s a tough choice to select between as big are very good cars. Depends if you want a car to just enjoy no matter what or as an investment I guess, not sure what the going rates are for EK9’s etc but prob far more than I’d consider paying for one but if you sell it let me know details and pics and you never know lol :)
To be honest I just like to have my cars so they're nice to look at in the garage and just wait for a sunny day to take them out. I'm fairly new to the honda scene (bmw guy sorry) but somehow ended up with two Honda's that I absolutely love but I need to free up a space in the garage so one needs to go. Been looking at prices of every thing for a while now and things are rising rapidly and majority of cars are selling as well.

Hoping for a sunny day this weekend so will be taking plenty of new pics (may even be the for sale pics ha) so will let you guys know and introduce myself properly with a project thread. Who knows I may even end up keeping them both ha.

Slightly derailed the thread here so will get back on topic. I would say that the black one posted up here is more of a £16k car but would be great to see it sell for near the asking price, as said earlier DCY importers who regularly fill up eBay with fresh DC5s have definetly raised their prices recently so guessing the private sellers will be doing the same.