DC5 query on data check

skipper

Evening all, just inputted a chassis number of a DC5 Type R I'm looking at into CarVX, with a view to paying the 3500yen for a full data check. The initial model summary that came up for it says 'Model - Integra', 'Grade - Type S'???? Are they all listed as Type S just because its the same basic shell etc, or could this be a Type S converted to a Type R? Thanks

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
I had the a CarVX done recently and it came up as a Type R.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Neith

If the car has been at an auction in Japan, the CarVX report should include the auction sheets (which will have the VIN and the trim on it). Not sure why some cars seem to show as a Type S, mine says Type R for sure.

Goatwidcoat

I did one on mine and also came up as Type S when first applying for the report but the chassis number definitely confirms it to be a genuine Type R. Seems to be a mistake on their initial find of the car but when the actual report comes it should state Type R. When I first applied for the report I was paranoid I had bought an unmistakable Type R clone!

On the first Vehicle Details section of the report mine has Body: LA-5 and Grade: Type R even though it initially stated Type S before the report came through.

If you follow the above link if you match your body type to the VIN it should also fall into the Type R category for added piece of mind.

skipper

Thanks for the link. Little confused though as going with the LA-DC5 body code, you get three different results, showing the chassis no. ranges, and the one I'm looking at falls outside even the highest range specified ( 2100001 - 2199999 )...???

Goatwidcoat

Have you had your report back? Does it definitely state it is an LA-DC5 body code?

If yours is an ABA-DC5 body code it has a higher range 2300001-

skipper

Just typing as you posted! Yes, done a little more digging, and it appears that its an ABA-DC5 not an LA, and there are both Type S and Type R quoted for this body code, the Type S with auto tranny (AT?). That may be why the CarVX report is intially showing Type S, as its just pulling the top line of all the listed body styles, and when you get the full report, it then quotes more accurately via the full chassis number.

skipper

Yes, it is a FL car, which I'm not quite as keen on, but at the end of the day, condition is most important to me. The only thing that troubles me with this example, is the rear wing has been painted in the past, not very well, and I'm not sure if its a new wing or a repaired original. This would have to be done at some point, and just concerned I'm going to end up with a 'sports jacket and trousers'. Don't fancy the cost of an entire rear end respray.