DC5 rear pad

DC5Ken

thinking to get some high performance pad for my DC5 now, I just bought a set of lockheed ZR front pad from Dixon, its felt much better than the project mu I had b4.

I need to get some rear pad now however I do not need a high performance pad for the rear. Do you guys know if the stock UK DC2 rear pad will fit to my DC5? I've been told that it would fit, just need to confirm :)

K

truffs

could be wrong here, however when i tracked the car last month i had a new set of track/road pads on the front and not the rear as they had the stock DC5 ones on and alot of wear left. However at the end of the day i had mullered the rear and the fronts were hardly scathed. it may be worth your while to invest in a set of good pads front and rear because when you drive the teg hard i dont think people realise the battering the rear pads recieve. It may be a false economy to get cheaper pads for the rear. For your information i have Ferdos (thinks thats how you spell them) front and rear and so does DP. Bit squeaky at low speed (1st gear) and when cold but awesome stopping ability though :lol:
HTH

Zero7

Advanced Member
Foir what it's worth, I've invested in a pair of the lockheed ones to match my front after noticing the ammount of wear on my rear pads, plus the epic proportions of brake dust on the rear wheels was a bit of a giveway that the rears do apply a fiar bit of pressure.

truffs

you mean im talking sense for once! O my god Im getting technical at long last, christ whats next me actually being able to change a tyre............ :D

Trung

Advanced Member
DC5Ken said:
Do you guys know if the stock UK DC2 rear pad will fit to my DC5? I've been told that it would fit, just need to confirm
DC5 rear pad is the same for EP3.

DC5Ken said:
thinking to get some high performance pad for my DC5 now, I just bought a set of lockheed ZR front pad from Dixon, its felt much better than the project mu I had b4.

I need to get some rear pad now however I do not need a high performance pad for the rear. Do you guys know if the stock UK DC2 rear pad will fit to my DC5? I've been told that it would fit, just need to confirm :)

Rear Brake problem
My rear discs always look a bit rusty and not much break pad wear and definatly no brake dust, even after 3000 miles from fitting new pads. I always feel 90% of the breaking is on the front, I've had the rears checked twice and all seems OK. If I break really hard then breaking is great, but in normal road use theirs not much bite . The cars done 45000 miles and although the rear discs are a bit groved, theirs not much wear. I'm also wondering if the brake pressure distribution front to rear is working.

Anyone get a similar experience.
Thinking about new rear discs, anyone know the price and best make
K

T666YPR

With the standard set-up,my brakes are crap on track,I'm sure it's not just HOW I brake.
Hence,brake lines,new front discs eventually more.

Rears never seem to throw up much brake dust,but then,there's less weight at the rear when braking,so doesn't require as much effort as fronts.