DC5 Recall Annoucement

matt b

Advanced Member
carfiend said:
The stick is on the inside and his about 1 1/2 cm in diametre. The oval one on the outside is to do with the warrenty or something.
8) 8) 8) 8) cheers buddy ive got than one with numbers 1009 on it 8) 8) 8) 8)

When we spoke about this a TGM I thought you were on about somthing else :oops:

M3Tz

Recall bulletin number

Hey guys,

Im typing this at my local honda dealer in paignton, they have asked do i have a bulletin number? they cannot do anything on this without the number..

i need a reply asap :)

Thanks

Matt

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Re: Recall bulletin number

M3Tz said:
Hey guys,

Im typing this at my local honda dealer in paignton, they have asked do i have a bulletin number? they cannot do anything on this without the number..

i need a reply asap :)

Thanks

Matt
Recall notification number 1009 it says on the first page of this thread. Dunno if that helps.

Cheers
Wardy

Paul Type R

Well here i am considering buying a DC5 (currant DC2 owner), first visit to the forum and i start reading this. :( Looks like i've got some reading to do. Can't at the min i've just ran out of dinner hour. :roll:

Paul Type R

Bugger. I've just realised how old this thread is. :oops:

So basically if i go for a DC5 i just need to know if this work has been done yeah.

That was a good start weren't it. :lol:

M3Tz

Hey,

My honda Dealer told me the recall number 1009 means nothing to them and to Honda UK, they said i need a bulletin number?? can anyone please help?

Thanks

Matt

griffy

Advanced Member
hi peeps I know its been a long time since this thread has raised its ugly head but how is this issue going, has anyone had to pay honda to check the bolts? has anyone had the issue at all?

griffy

Advanced Member
wicked, if its outside of the numbers I assume all is well, if its the case the car I am looking at is outside of this recall, I do feel for you guys who are inside the batch, I hope you all get it sorted with min cost.

mike904

worried!!

my vin number is before 1010207 , do i need to get it checked out?? I'm putting it in for a full major service at honda in the next few weeks, will this be automatically checked?
Any advice is more than welcome, only had the car 3 weeks :?

mikegsi

Staff member
dont think it will be automatically checked mate, you'd have to ask them to check it.

afaik of the cars in that range over here there has been no failures though a few cars had the remedies done just in case, its easy enough to check yourself if the affected nut is present, just whether you decide to check the torque of said nut

mike904

mikegsi said:
dont think it will be automatically checked mate, you'd have to ask them to check it.

afaik of the cars in that range over here there has been no failures though a few cars had the remedies done just in case, its easy enough to check yourself if the affected nut is present, just whether you decide to check the torque of said nut
nice one mate, will get it checked... fingers crossed!!!

matdc5

Like sum guy has already mentioned, nearly all DC5's in the u.k at the min will fall into that catergory of vin numbers including mine. i'm keen to get more info on this problem as ive already previuosly had to splash out on a 2nd engine!! i really dont need another four figure bill.....[/quote]

spike

My car VIN number falls into that catogorey too. Had a bit of play in my steering wheel, had it checked in work, ( I work in a Honda dealership in Ireland), it looks like my steering rack needs to be replaced... :shock:

Thing is, it's got the washers done and the sticker in the back window. So it looks like even though it was recalled, it failed again. Im pretty gutted to say the least. Id advise everyone else to check their cars too, as it's not at all safe.. :cry:

spike

Im fairly surprised this hasnt generated even a small bit of interest. I may be a noob to this forum, but Im certainly not a noob to Hondas. I still havent got it definately confirmed, but its not looking good.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
When I had mine checked they were fine. The dealership was more worried finding out the man hours for the job so they could approach Honda UK for them to pay for it if the news was bad.

spike

Well thats good news for you.
Were Honda Uk willing to pay or even give some goodwill towards anything ? I know Honda Ireland wont entertain it in the slighest, even though I know a lot of the top guys there through work. But if I do get bad news back I will persue it to the last, to see if anything can be done for me.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Considering it's a problem that was introduced when the car was built says to me that Honda, somewhere along the line, whether it be UK, JP etc should foot the bill.

spike

So, looks like im the unluckiest member on this forum.
The recall was done on my car, but somewhere along the way it failed and is loose again.
Honda Ireland basically said "tough shit, its an import we dont care", and Honda Uk said the same. Although it came from the top at Honda Ireland, it was just a guy in the service depart in Bristol Honda that told me that if the recall was done, Honda warranty wont cover it.
Needless to say Im disgusted at the way import buyers are treated, at the end of the day it's still a Honda, and is a factory fault. If I go down the road tomorrow and the steering fails and someone gets hurt, who will the blame lie with ??
Anyway, rant over, guess I just have to get a new rack and get it over with.