DC5 Recall Annoucement

Newty

Advanced Member
My VIN is DC5-1011961...can some of you DC5 pro's confirm if, in your experience, this should be ok?

Much appreciated.

BLUEDC5

dc5 Recall

Hi

I am a newbie am am quite ignorant in the way of the dc5, so i contacted Honda Uk and my local dealership regarding this worrying recall.

Honda Uk were pretty much useless regarding this issue.
The dealership (horizon christchurch, dorset) took the car for an hour or so and checked it out, although they had no idea about the recall. I printed out the details from this thread and took it in to them

Mine is in the vin number bracket mentioned at the start of the thread and is a 51 plate.

The estimated bill for checking the recall (cause its not a uk car)is at least 2 hours labour.
Thats about 130 quid, just to check whether the steering jobbie is knackered or not.(its not the big bolts you can see behind the engine when you pop the bonnet, the ones that need checking, require half the drive train being removed)
Sod that....its christmas...
They did an overall vehicle check for free i may add ( also topped up my washer and radiator reservoir)

The dealerships conclusion was that there was no movement in the steering set up, and since its 6 years old, if it was built wrong in the factory , it would have showed signs by now (52000 miles) and charged me nothing. Apparantly there are are ties or markers on the main components and bolts holding the steering system together, and if they havent moved, dont worry about it.

I have found the Honda dealership really helpful with my car even though its not a uk car.
The good thing is, although its a grey import, the car still falls into the category for there fixed price servicing etc. eg - new standard backbox £135 inc vat and fitting.
I also didnt know the engine had cam chains, therefore no changes required! wicked. - (excuse my ignorance)

i have an electrical fault, which i will raise in another forum category regarding power cut off to head units when bass amps are running. The DC5 ITR basically has a gay alternator, probably to save weight.

Keep screaming em

Rich

BLUEDC5

recall issue

Hi

I am a newbie am am quite ignorant in the way of the dc5, so i contacted Honda Uk and my local dealership regarding this worrying recall.

Honda Uk were pretty much useless regarding this issue.
The dealership (horizon christchurch, dorset) took the car for an hour or so and checked it out, although they had no idea about the recall. I printed out the details from this thread and took it in to them

Mine is in the vin number bracket mentioned at the start of the thread and is a 51 plate.

The estimated bill for checking the recall (cause its not a uk car)is at least 2 hours labour.
Thats about 130 quid, just to check whether the steering jobbie is knackered or not.(its not the big bolts you can see behind the engine when you pop the bonnet, the ones that need checking, require half the drive train being removed)
Sod that....its christmas...
They did an overall vehicle check for free i may add ( also topped up my washer and radiator reservoir)

The dealerships conclusion was that there was no movement in the steering set up, and since its 6 years old, if it was built wrong in the factory , it would have showed signs by now (52000 miles) and charged me nothing. Apparantly there are are ties or markers on the main components and bolts holding the steering system together, and if they havent moved, dont worry about it.

I have found the Honda dealership really helpful with my car even though its not a uk car.
The good thing is, although its a grey import, the car still falls into the category for there fixed price servicing etc. eg - new standard backbox £135 inc vat and fitting.
I also didnt know the engine had cam chains, therefore no changes required! wicked. - (excuse my ignorance)

i have an electrical fault, which i will raise in another forum category regarding power cut off to head units when bass amps are running. The DC5 ITR basically has a gay alternator, probably to save weight.

Keep screaming em

Rich

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Lift your boot and look for a small blue sticker, what should be written on the sticker is in this thread somewhere. Easy check, mine has it.

DC5Stevie

What reg of car is 'DC5 1010207' or do the vin numbers not reflect the reg plate?

Say 'DC5 1010207' is a '52' plate if i got an '03' would this be out of the range? :-k Or are cars not registered like that?
Could an '03' registered car be DC5 1000666 for example?

Hawaii5hoes

Advanced Member
^^ Only DC5s from 2001 June 14 - 2002 May 24 possibly affected, total of 10,190 of them.

I crapped in my pants when I read about this, as mine is a 2001. But noticed that I have the 'No.1009' sticker on the rear window! \:D/
Am I one of the only few who have this sticker?

Solerdus

Hmmmmthis its quite a old post but i only just relised it :shock: seems like no one has had a problem with the steering yet. Did sought of put me of getting a DC5 a bit :cry: but most likely still go ahead with getting one as no one has had a problem :D can some one tell me bit more about these clips and locking tab and washers thingy with pics please and the blue sticker in the rear widow.Just so i know what to look out for when i eventually go to look at one thanks :)

rodney

Advanced Member
Call me a camel but mines 1011875 and we are talking about DC5 10000018 to DC5 1010207.

I'm naff with numbers but I assume mines out of that range, just? :oops:

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
just checked mine and its number 1007278, what does that mean i've gotta have some recall work done? or can i find out if it has already had the work carried out :?:

just checked mine, it has a retaining clip on one of the bolts and a sticker in the lower rear widscreen reading 1009, so i belive i'm safe :green:

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Hey,
I got my DC5 3 weeks ago and just want
to make sure this has been done. Can anyone post pictures up of what the nuts are ment to look like?
James.