DC5 Reliability

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Seeing so many threads pop about faults people are having with their tegs which is really gutting.

Ive had my teg over for a while now. Done 20k+ miles and havnt had one single fault not even minor bulb change. (Touch wood)

Not showihg off, Just a proud integra owner! Anyone else feel the tegs are just super reliable or am i just really lucky? Lol

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Never had a problem with mine in 4+ years ownership other than through my own fault or wear and tear items.

DC5RS

DC5
2 years now of ownership, everything perfect - normal service items. I only changed a front ball joint cause of wear and the rear drop links since i installed aftermarket lower arms.

Take care of teg and it will take care of you (or your wallet :D)

beppe786

Beppe
solid nothing apart from wear and tear plus i was boosted.. i did think the amount of ignition i was running would put stress on the conrods and big end bearings but no problem k20a can handle it..

just service it regularly.. most people have ocd detailing.. my ocd was maintaining it, making it go the quickest.. lol

wantadc5

Advanced Member
ran my teg from 63k to 121k for 5 years. Never broke down once, obviously had to change things like clutch, brakes, tyres.

The things that went wrong with it was:

leaky boot, which I fixed with silicon - usual fix.
window started to not go up, which was fixed with a window regulator - cost me £50.
speedo started going - cost me £80 at TGM I think
license plate bulb went....which cost nothing...

loved that car...sigh

Dan34

Advanced Member
40k and around 10 trackdays in two-ish years and have only changed wear and tear items. Nothing has 'gone-wrong' as such, its never broken down to the point where I couldn't drive it. Never let me down yet.

Alien

Advanced Member
I had mine for 4 years and it was faultless throughout. The only thing to fail was the battery during my time of ownership.

scrawnban

I had mine for nearly fours years and other than regular maintenance I'd to replace my cat and the surrounding sensors and the clutch but other than that she was and I presume still is an absolute dream.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I had to spend out a fair bit on mine when I first bought it but that was my own fault for buying the first one I saw. A few of the guys will tell you I was constantly posting up about things going wrong. Having said that once I took it on and fixed it's existing faults it's been very reliable under my ownership.

All the components I had to replace were down to wear and tear or negligence from a previous owner so I have had no actual reliability issues as such. List of the jobs I had to do over the 20k miles I've done in it:

Thermostat - Original had been removed by a previous owner
Ball joints & driveshafts
Clutch & Flywheel
Front & rear engine mounts
Battery
Some IACV issues which subsided once I went back to a closed airbox from an open CAI
Speed sensor
Coilovers back to standard shocks - Coilovers were all rose jointed which were worn and knocking.
VTC Spool valve - This is the only thing that actually made the car break down as such. Kept cutting out and running really badly but I managed to nurse it home.
There's been some cosmetic stuff too, again due to lack of attention from previous owners but I'm pleased to say it's been very reliable this past 18 months or so since sorting all of the teething issues I had early on.

Just booked in next month to have new wishbone bushes, RCA's & front drop links. They've not completely failed but could all do with a freshen up.

Despite forking out a fair bit on all of the above, I don't think it's fair to blame the car, it all comes down to how well people look after them. As said above, look after it and it will look after you!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
generally they are extremely reliable, what you have to consider is their age, they arnt getting any younger and alot of them will be suffering from corosion from being here for a while, not specifically bodily, more like suspension components etc.

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
considering the 10 years or more of daily abuse and the highly tuned engines, they are the most reliable cars in the world.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
9 years on and I`ve hardly done anything although I`ve only done 36k miles...couple of drop links and the usual servicing.

tico_87

Advanced Member
Near 3 years of ownership and in terms of broken parts I've replaced;
clutch master cylinder
Passenger door actuator
Both o2 sensors (one was already gone when I bought the car and another was when changing exhaust systems)
Air-con system has a leak somewhere but have decided not to fix it yet

Not bad going....although the car still seems to be taking all my money lol

FireDance

Advanced Member
I have had mine for 18 months & have done 36k in that time.

I have done regular oil changes and normal services.

Clutch has been replaced.

New tyres.

She does need new alloys as her's are corroding and she needs new battery!!!!

Touch wood, she is a very good car :xgrin:

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Love to see all the good feedback! Just shows when it comes to DC5's just mileage dosnt prove the cars health!

FireDance

Advanced Member
whoops, I forgot I have had to change the Aux belt!

Not bad for a 13 year old car :xvtec:

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
over 4 years of ownership...

apart from oils and brakes and tyres, only thing its ever needed is an o2 sensor (and 3 windscreens lol)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
over 4 years of ownership...

apart from oils and brakes and tyres, only thing its ever needed is an o2 sensor (and 3 windscreens lol)
3 windscreens?! Have you been really unlucky with stone chips or are your brakes just that good? :D

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Worn bushes and a hole in the exhaust (DC Sports exhaust fitted by the previous owner) are the only problems I've had in 3 years.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Had mine 3yrs now no issues with her at all.Not bad for a 13 years old car, done the usual services etc