DC5 Service

itrdc5mfk

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before but the search function currently isn't working for me.

Can anyone advise what needs to be changed for service and best place(s).to buy service parts.

My teg is currently on 100k.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
It all depends what has been done on your previously.

Oil, Air filter (or clean if not standard), Transmission fluid are the most important ones.

I did the power steering fluid, new PCV valve, coolant when it was imported.

Fuel filter is worth changing if its never been done on a 100k car. Spark plugs would be worth a look to see what condition they're in.

My aux belt looks pretty sorry for itself so I've got one on order to change.

Valve clearance and a timing chain visual check by a garage is worth doing at 100k.

If you're handy with tools then cleaning out the ICAV is worth doing if you're getting any idling issues.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

itrdc5mfk

Thanks for the info.

Do you know what the adjustment specs are for the valve clearances?

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info.

Do you know what the adjustment specs are for the valve clearances?

No sorry. It's not something I've done on my car yet.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
No diff to any normal car
Oil
Oil filter
Plugs
Cabin filters etc etc etc

Honestly these are no diff to any normal everyday car, chains are very rarely needed but clearances are worth having checked (TGM did mine when I had them paint the rocker cover)

Aside from that nothing, just maintain it like a normal everyday car mate

TomWilcock

Inactive Members
Mines in a similar situation soon, thinking of maybe re doing the cooling (new pump/hoses/theostat) and maybe the fuel filter pickup. None of these are causing a real issues just wanted to go over and beyond whats expected so i shouldn't have issues myself and any potention new owners in the future can see this work has been done with OEM parts.