DC5 steering rack replacement!

DC5vtec

I put a deposit on an 18 month old white DC5 (9000 mls), based on a delivery in August. After a couple of minor issues with the SVA test, I was expecting to pick the car up at the end of September. As I live in Aberdeen and the car is in Bristol, I decided to get the car inspected by the AA. When they turned up the car wasn’t there. The importer said that it was away to get a new steering rack fitted. This was three weeks ago. I have phoned the importer several times and all I get from them is that they are still waiting for parts. I’m now having second thoughts about the car and considering an M3 EVO. Any info on the following question would be much appreciated.

What is the likely cause of the steering problem? (The dealer thinks it happened in transit, I think it’s probably more likely to be from track days)

Are parts normally this difficult to get in the UK?

Has anybody else had to have a new steering rack fitted?

Trung

Advanced Member
Thought that was common problem with EP3 CTR due to excellent British build quality. :roll:

Suprised that a DC5 gets it, unlucky dude. :(

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi,

Parts should be no problem, depends on the Honda Dealer. For a good quick response, talk to Steels :!:

Mike

Jevo

Most of the DC5 parts are held in a big warehouse in Belgium so should be available on overnight delivery... I would talk to Dave at Steels Honda.. top guy and he can get bits others can't... :wink:

Jevo

Steels

DC5 hydraulic v EP3 electric.

The DC5 rack will be very expensive. If you've spoken to Dave I guess he will have already have told you that you are likely to pay 4 figures.

RW