DC5 Stereo Installation

steveD

Can anybody offer me some advice....

My car is due off the boat on the 20th July and I am considering taking it from the importer without a UK stereo and fitting my own sourced one. Does the car present any particular install problems? ..and what's the best reasonably priced system to fit with regard to head-unit and direct replacement speakers etc.,

thanks, Steve

JOM

Advanced Member
Fitting is easy now I know the trick to get the old jap unit out. First remove the small panel under the radio that has the power point, 2 small slots on the side, lever it forwards and it pops out. Then you will see 2 screws which hold the radio panel assembly, undo these and the whole panel comes out, do remember to reconnect the hazard warning light as the indicators don’t work.

steveD

thanks for info guys...

I'm a bit old fashioned really. Just CD and radio (incidentally, what's happening with digital radio? - worth considering?). With regard to the styling: simple display, no flashing lights just good solid well balance sound to play real music (not drum 'n' bass etc.,). Adaption to take ipod might be useful.

Steve