DC5 Type R FL: Front & Rear Speaker Dimension, Double din head unit.

yeezy

Advanced Member
Hi guys, hope you all well.

Im planning to upgrade the sound system on my FL teg, as the original speakers are awful and thought I might as well replace the existing head unit to a double din head unit.

I would be grateful if anyone can confirm 100% the dimension of the existing front and rear speakers? Or whats the largest size speakers I can install in the front and rear without having to do any big modification. Ideally I would like something that plug and play.

Lastly, what size double din head units would you guys recommend? Again, anything plug and play would be ideal.

I look forward to hear from you guys.

Thank you all in advance.

Best Regards

Yeezy

Rob R

Advanced Member
13cm or 17cm using vectra adaptors in the fronts.

All double din head units are the same size. The fascia plate that comes with it though is unlikely to fit. Acura RSX install kit from US eBay is best for matching the fascia

yeezy

Advanced Member
Rob R said:
13cm or 17cm using vectra adaptors in the fronts.

All double din head units are the same size. The fascia plate that comes with it though is unlikely to fit. Acura RSX install kit from US eBay is best for matching the fascia
Thanks for the reply mate. Would you know the dimension for the rear speakers??

DC5RS

DC5
you can fit 6.5 inch speakers with a bit of trimming on the mounting, check my build thread i was to fit a pait of alpine type r's in there.

yeezy

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
you can fit 6.5 inch speakers with a bit of trimming on the mounting, check my build thread i was to fit a pait of alpine type r's in there.
Ok buddy, will definitely keep that in mind ;)