Dc5 wheels

TomNorris

Advanced Member
I have 18s on mine.

I'm looking for 17s to replace them.

I'd say the drivability is worse on 18s,but that's just my opinion.

abbey132

carl hammond said:
I have and hated it, more unstable (imo) and the feedback (for me felt less). A larger wheel results in slower acceleration (not ideal on a track car).If you want faster acceleration you want to drop the wheel size (to a 16 or even a 15 where possible), I only know of one 15" wheel that clears the Brembo's but the only and main downside is that they look so small on the DC5, that said faster acceleration and cheaper tyres are good results (especially when you're in the car and can't see how small they look anyway)
Agree with faster acceleration on smaller overall diameter but the difference will be minimal in the real world. Dont agree with anything else you said there though.. IMO of course....

stu69er

No I'm keeping the wheels for now prob just get a set of slicks to suit these wheels for now. Few pics of the current motor. Lots to do yet. This lock down is Killin me getting it booked in for stuff.
Was able to get the dash out but the support bar needs binned. Local lad gonna fab me a new one to hold the dash and steering wheel next week.
Also have a 3in solid fab resonator and back box to get put in wen my exhaust guy can get some stainless bends, again lock down issues.
After dash is out I'm gonna collect car and paint inside, been looking at por15, rust preventative and white topcoat. Self etch the roll cage before priming.
Then back to get fire ext Plumbed in. Lots to do

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk