DC5 with Hondata Flash ECU

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi Chaps

Just had my ECU flashed by Doug from Hondata, what can I say, but it is well worth the money :lol:

You get just so much more out of the car, in every gear :lol: More torque etc etc

Some may say its a lot of money for half hours work, well you have to remember that you are paying for all the R&D work that went on over two years :idea: Hondata are the only company currently able to change and improve the ECU, without you having to buy bolt on bits to attach to the ECU.

Also, next year Hondata will be launching a Fully Map able ECU for you to go away with and play, so fine-tuning can be done to your specific car.

Well worth the money

Mike

T666YPR

Mike,can u tell me what the downsides (if any?) there are with the hondata.What I have read on this makes it sound like a good thing to go with the mods I plan for mine(when it finally comes!!)Heard something about the immobiliser not working or something
Cheers,Simon

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi Simon

First off, JDM cars do not get a factory fit immobiliser, you have to fit an after market one for your insurance, these have no play in the ECU at all!!

Any down side, no not any at all. The upgrade works best with a cold air feed intake, the Mugen box seems to work very well. Also maybe, but not ness an after market exhaust, but you need to be careful on this. Please PM me for further info on this.

Also so, you should find your miles per gallon increases, so better fuel economy. I need to confirm this, but Doug (Hondata) mentioned to me that with the upgrade, the car will aslo run fine on normal unleaded fuel!! Apparently he was putting this in mine, whilst he used my car last week.

Down side, well you may be in Vtec a bit more and have a lot more fun on the road :wink:

Go ahead, do it now

Mike

IslandR

I got my JDM honda integra type r and I read so much about how Hondata was doing some really cool shit with the RSX', but I was told that I couldnt get my ECU upgraded, because its a JDM ECU.
Are you saying I can go ahead and send mine?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
The Hondata Re-Flash works on JDM ECU's, in fact the re flash program works better on our cars, then the European EP3 Re-Flash program :wink:

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Mike,

Whats the deal both with HondaCare warranties and insurance - does it affect them in any way? do you need to declare them?, that is if you know the score!!!

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi Rich

Honda can not tell the ECU has been reprogrammed. The only way they can tell is to go out and drive the car.

As to insurance, the above is also true, I would not bother to declare it, they can't tell :wink:

Mike

PS, if at a meet you want a demo, just ask, on the DC5 you can change over ECU's over with no problems with immobiliser issues, you just need to break a few retaining clips, which can then be replaced with clips from Halfords, these make it easier to get at the ECU

herts62

MJ Type-R said:
Hi Rich

Honda can not tell the ECU has been reprogrammed. The only way they can tell is to go out and drive the car.

As to insurance, the above is also true, I would not bother to declare it, they can't tell :wink:

Mike

PS, if at a meet you want a demo, just ask, on the DC5 you can change over ECU's over with no problems with immobiliser issues, you just need to break a few retaining clips, which can then be replaced with clips from Halfords, these make it easier to get at the ECU
Why do you need to break any retaining clips :?: I didn't.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
The under Glove box trim was secured in place with a one way plastic rivet on mine, only way was to break them, thus gaining access to the ECU
:wink:

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Ahhh.... but Pete has a sconic screwdriver :wink:

Cheers for the offer Mike - we may well take you up on it! Although from my perspective I want the flexibility to run on 95ron, cheapskate that I am LOL!

herts62

The standard 3 clips that hold the trim in place have a centre rivet that you push in and then the whole plug comes out. With the Hondata ECU you do not have to run premium gas

IslandR

which flash shoudl i get?
the type r flash... right? they say its better than the stock one.
or am i to get the stage 4?
You guys beleive in upgrading valve springs? I was wondering it would be easier for me to get s2000 springs. Cant they work? and the s2000 goes to 9000rpm stock.
or can the JDM type r valve train take the 8900 rpm?