DC5 Workshop Manual

SamDC5

Advanced Member
The links provided on here seem to be broken for the manual and the others on the internet seem to take me to websites with broken servers. Would anyone be able to provide a working link or possibly email me it? Thanks.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Honda-atr said:
I have several workshop manuals, can email the one you need ;)
That would be great, which ones do you have? After the DC5 Type R one please :)

Kev.W

Advanced Member
discodave22 said:
Can anyone email me this manual too? Davieo8@hotmail.com cheers.
I'll try send it to you Dave

How closely does everyone stick to the schedule servicing in the manual?

Rom

Advanced Member
Most people change the oil way too often. Like every 3-6 months.

I do yearly services, with oils done after track days too. But mines not used much.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
From a lad I know who works in the oil industry, I asked him about changing oil in my mainly track car:

Biggest issue with track days is viscosity due to temporary fuel dilution and temperature (due to full throttle everywhere). Oil life will be affected as oxidation doubles with every 10C. Turbo cars without adequate cooling are especially susceptible.

For something that's road with a track day once every service, I see no issue with standard drains. Something like your DC5 I would probably look at shorter mileage, but then you probably don't do enough miles to make a difference and time based requirements come it (eg 1/yr). Plus you are driving it to a from the track and this is a great way to burn off fuel in the sump. I've seen 500mile samples from a S2000 race car hitting 9% fuel dilution.

Really the best way to look at oil life is a factor of engine on time, temperature and cold starts. This is what many algorithms of 'active' longlife servicing are based on.

2ndy

Advanced Member
I change my oil every 1500 miles usually less, it's definitely over kill but a hamp filter and 5 litres of oil is under £40 so it's not exactly dear plus if my engine ever goes bang I will know I can't blame myself not servicing it enough

Rom

Advanced Member
There's nothing wrong with it, as long as people know it's a complete waste of money lol.
Neglected engines have issues. Following recommended services is not neglect.

How often are you covering that mileage?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Kev.W

Advanced Member
Rom said:
There's nothing wrong with it, as long as people know it's a complete waste of money lol.
Neglected engines have issues. Following recommended services is not neglect.

How often are you covering that mileage?
I'm guessing this is for me, I average 6,000mile a year because I live within a mile of work, I tend to just walk in every day