DC5's now easily under the £10k barrier

premadonna555

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

Just noticed that a lot of the earliest DC5's are now selling for as low as £8-9k.

This nice looking example only just made over £9k - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... T.m240.lVI

I'm guessing the influx of import companies shipping them over is lowering the residual values? Good bargains for someone though at those prices. Seen 2000 plate DC2's advertised for £7-8k.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Something about that eBay add smells a bit to me, might be reflected in the price...

With the Yen now getting stronger, I think you'll see a plateau or slight rise in prices over the next few months. Amen to that! :D

M6DLY

Advanced Member
Personally I wouldn't buy a nice car on ebay...

That said the next advert I saw on ebay after looking at that link was this one: "Model Year: 2004, Date of 1st Registration: 02 Feb 2005" on a **53 *** Plate. With it's mileage at 44000"
asking £14k for it...

Granted it's from a dealer, and you get a massive three-month warranty. I feel that it’s slightly over priced, but only slightly. A bit of haggling with the sales man should sort that out.

Personally I think private sellers are marking them too low.
There might be more on the shores due to import traders doing their job or “flooding the market”, but in my eyes they are still a rare car, an extremely beautiful car, which out performs so many other cars in it's class. It is after all "the fastest FF car in the world". With the strength of the yen as it is, hopefully it should keep the prices stable for a while.

If you search for an EP3 however you will find the list price of a 2004 model with AC at around £10,400, granted they are very similar cars, but in my opinion the DC5 is a much better car.

Time to write an advert for my car now…

Martctr

Advanced Member
I saw one at the bluewater meet and the guy had paid 8k!! It was black with c pack!!! However ugly body kit up front and the wheels looked a bit tatty, but even so the rest looked :shock: and I felt cheated because I paid 9k for mine lol.

premadonna555

Advanced Member
They've done the old "lose the mileage correction certificate, so it looks like it's all in kilometers" trick.

Never can be too careful . . .

£8k for a DC5, ouch that really is getting low. Bet they didn't get an auction report sheet with that one!

Ezza

Advanced Member
Martctr said:
I saw one at the bluewater meet and the guy had paid 8k!! It was black with c pack!!! However ugly body kit up front and the wheels looked a bit tatty, but even so the rest looked :shock: and I felt cheated because I paid 9k for mine lol.
Is that A Jenkins old car which was sold in this forum............?

dotty

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
Martctr said:
Is that A Jenkins old car which was sold in this forum............?
Yeah it was.

premadonna555

Advanced Member
Ah well that's a Cat D car isn't it. So that's why it has the aftermarket front bumper (which i like a lot). Still a good buy for £8k, but at least we know why that one is cheap.

Metalhead

premadonna555 said:
No info on auction grading. It could be a grade R?

Or it could just be that they're getting cheaper?
I rang F1 Autos this morning about the DC5 for £9595 and it's already been snapped up (deposit left - car arrives end of the month) - Anyone here bought it?

Ezza

Advanced Member
Metalhead said:
premadonna555 said:
No info on auction grading. It could be a grade R?

Or it could just be that they're getting cheaper?
I rang F1 Autos this morning about the DC5 for £9595 and it's already been snapped up (deposit left - car arrives end of the month) - Anyone here bought it?
Reading old reviews about this company i wouldnt touch them at all!!! I went to see A Jenkins old car last night as my mate now owns it, for £8k it was well worth the buy. Couldnt fault the car at all!