Derlin shifter bushes

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
Is there a guide on how to install shifter bushes ? I‘m also changing the pivot bush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Yeah search in the DC5 DIY guides section and you'll find it

best thing to do before asking is search mate as there is 90% chance a guide or topic has been covered and you can then revive that thread over starting more :)

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:
Is there a guide on how to install shifter bushes ? I‘m also changing the pivot bush

Get the following for a banging OEM kinda shifter
K tuned billet shifter arm
Tegiwa short shifter
Hybrid racing delrin shifter bushes
Hybrid /tegiwa gearbox bushes
Hybrid racing gear selector springs
Hybrid racing detent springs.
Along with a gearbox oil change.

I've done all this to mine and the shift feels sooooo incredibly crisp.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
Sounds good. I‘ve just changed the bushes and it feels so smooth and tight. My only issue is now is the play when u move the gear stick back and forward

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:
Sounds good. I‘ve just changed the bushes and it feels so smooth and tight. My only issue is now is the play when u move the gear stick back and forward

The selector spring stiffens up side to side and the detent springs do the forward and back and HOLDS it in gear better. I'd do all the above as and when you can afford or have the time. You won't regret it trust me

Hussainy786

Advanced Member
The bushes on the gearbox have the hybrid bushes Already. I‘ve also done the gearbox oil change and now the gear selector bushes

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:
The bushes on the gearbox have the hybrid bushes Already. I‘ve also done the gearbox oil change and now the gear selector bushes

In my opinion I think the short shifter (small block of metal) and the k tuned arm made the most difference.

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:
I‘ll change the springs. Where are they located ?

The gear selector springs and detent springs I got from torque GT. About £20 each.
You have to take the nearside engine mount out.
There's 3 bolts ontop of engine, take them out and each 1 is a hollow bolt with a spring in. Take bolt out replace spring bolt back in x 3bolts (detent springs)

The selector springs were an arse to do lol.
Have to disconnect the bushes onto of gearbox. Then have to take the whole gear selector out of the gearbox and dis assemble it. There's videos on YouTube tbf.

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:
What sort of difference have the springs made ?

I think they've made loads tbf. Just watched videos online on how to DIY.
The gear selector springs make the gearstick spring into center quicker I.e. 2nd to 3rd and 5th to 4th and make it abit stiffer to move.

Detent springs make the gearstick pop into gear easier and hold pressure on the gear so it doesn't pop out of gear as easy if you get wheel spin or wheel hop

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Hussainy786 said:
Is it the shifter spring that takes the back and forward play out ?

NO,
I'd say that'll be more detent spring along with the short shifter.
Each mod I listed Earlier takes abit of play out each time. The delrin bushes also helped alot. Thats what I'm saying, I personally hate a sloppy shifter. So I've gone balls deep and done the lot haha