Detail. GTX 460s in SLI.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

As above but missed the text off. I'm pleased with the textures to date but I'm hankering for a bigger card.

Regards.

SPIT_FIRE

Advanced Member
Sorry iv missed the text, are you asking what to upgrade to? Id go with a single GTX 780, by evga or msi. Avoid the 690 there are issues with that card iirc.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
I've been reading up tonight and bang for buck, now they have reduced the prices of the 770 and 780 in response to the new AMD card (R9 290x cards) the 770 now represents real bang for your buck.

Thats the card i'm looking to go for, seeing as i can only play at 1080p anyway.

Benneh

Advanced Member
Coldfuse said:
I've been reading up tonight and bang for buck, now they have reduced the prices of the 770 and 780 in response to the new AMD card (R9 290x cards) the 770 now represents real bang for your buck.

Thats the card i'm looking to go for, seeing as i can only play at 1080p anyway.
That being said though, a lot of etailers have managed to cut the prices of the outgoing 79xx series of AMD cards - HD7950s can be had from as little as £150 now at certain sites which represents much better value for money!

Personally, I'd be holding out to see what nVidia do to match against AMDs current refresh (which is all the R series is).

DC5RS

DC5
As above 7950 right now its the probably the best card for the money. it also supports mantle which is AMD's newest flagship technology which enables finally fully hardware acceleration and not limited by direct x software