Different clutch part numbers: 22200-PRC-003 vs 22200-RBC-003

badman9

Hi everyone,

Just picked up an 04 DC5R project car a few weeks(champ white, c pack, red interior, the dream combo for me). Clutch is slipping like crazy though, and I plan to pull it to take a look to see what is really going on, but essentially preparing to have to replace the clutch.

I am inclined to go with the OEM honda clutch, but the sites I'm searching are giving me 22200-PRC-003 as the type-r part for the clutch, but are saying that 22200-RBC-003 is a substitute. A little further research indicates to me that RBC is the type-S clutch part number. Are they the same as the R but just a different PN?

No major mods here, just RBC manifold, 3.5" fujita SRI, DC header, 2.5" exhaust, so I don't think I need any really heavy duty clutch, especially since my work commute involves a lot of stop and go traffic (often on a slight uphill grade).

Thanks!

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
It’s a good question!
I can’t help unfortunately, but maybe my post here may get someone to respond for you :)

badman9

Thanks 2cent, the RBC part number is also listed for the Acura RSX Type-S. I still can't work out whether they are the same clutches but with different part numbers or whether the specs are actually different. One parts place says they have the clutch locally, but they "cant give me" the actual part number until I show up in person. I doubt that it will be the PRC since their catalog has it listed as Civic, so maybe RBC?

2Cent

I got my ITR with the clutchmasters fx200 so I've never felt the OEM clutch but the fx200 feels like an OEM clutch though. Gets my recommendation.

2Cent

Thanks 2cent, the RBC part number is also listed for the Acura RSX Type-S. I still can't work out whether they are the same clutches but with different part numbers or whether the specs are actually different. One parts place says they have the clutch locally, but they "cant give me" the actual part number until I show up in person. I doubt that it will be the PRC since their catalog has it listed as Civic, so maybe RBC?
If the part number is the same then it's the exact same part. Any small variation in design would lead to a new part number

badman9

If the part number is the same then it's the exact same part. Any small variation in design would lead to a new part number
What I meant was I can't work out if the PRC and RBC are the same clutches with different part numbers, which happens in hondas catalog certainly. I would have asusmed the PRC would be different to match to the type-r's lightened flywheel but i'm new to K series, so I don't know too much

2Cent

The PRC is fited to the FD2 and EP3 whilst the RBC is only fitted to the CL7 Accord. Either way I'm sure they are interchangeable. Would make sense if the PRC is slightly more performance oriented
Screenshot_20211003-015533.jpg

Screenshot_20211003-015632.jpg

badman9

Thanks for looking those up, the RBC seems to come up in all the US-based Acura catalogs for the RSX-S as well.

Still need to pull the clutch, hopefully this or next week to see the situation but just planning ahead for what parts I want, oem vs exedy etc etc