disc brakes life with ferodo ds2500

hondazzz

Advanced Member
So guys, i have the following setup on my 5 for the last 18,000 miles:

Ferodo DS2500 and Dixcel SD (slotted discs) .. the thing is both pad and rotors have wear out at the same millage(18,000miles).
I use the car for fast road and had 1 track day.. is that normal for the rotors to wear at the same rate as the pads even with this specific pads and type of driving?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Rotors to wear the same rate as rotors?

Personal opinion here but I think DS2500 are way overrated. They are pretty harsh on discs.

hondazzz

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
Rotors to wear the same rate as rotors?

Personal opinion here but I think DS2500 are way overrated. They are pretty harsh on discs.
Corrected that. I meant pads to wear at the same rate as rotors obviously.

I agree they are harsh pads..didnt imagine that bad...lets see what other people has experienced even with oem rotors comments are welcomed.

nsxer

Advanced Member
awful pads ... totally over rated as above. so many better alternatives out there
they wrecked my discs etc when i ran them on my evo ... NEVER AGAIN

hondazzz

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
I typically get 40k out of a set of oem discs and ds2500 pads, changed together.
Changed together but at 40k miles? Wow...what type of driving?

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
Currently running a similar setup dixcel SD (non slotted) and ds2500, done 10k so far not noticed any excessive wear. Mines daily driven not tracked.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
hondazzz said:
Changed together but at 40k miles? Wow...what type of driving?
Just checked service booked and first lasted 42k and second 45k. That is half dual carriageway/ half b roads though, but I don't hang around where possible.

Fez

Advanced Member
Im not sure how many miles i did on my ds2500's but it was quite alot, inc 2 trackdays, but my discs were fine. But the pads went awful, then replaced with ^^Dixcel ES type and they have been brilliant so far, done one track day on them and performed wayyy better than the ds2500's ever did on track.

hondazzz

Advanced Member
Although i have sold the car i will update this, maybe it helps some one, even though the slots were gone the rotors measured 24mm and the minimum thickness was 23mm (new is 25mm).