Do 18"ers effect performance

Wootty

Advanced Member
Looking at getting some Tenzo R Mach 10 18" wheels with Toyo Proxies T1-S 215/35R18W

Rolling radius is slightly bigger than the 17's so expect some changes but do you think it will affect the ride much :?:

CleRICK

Advanced Member
When you increase the rolling radius generally the accel goes down and top speed up, but only one inch bigger wheel size shouldn't be that noticeable in performance or comfort (possibly a tiny more bumpy if anything).

Wootty

Advanced Member
CleRICK said:
When you increase the rolling radius generally the accel goes down and top speed up, but only one inch bigger wheel size shouldn't be that noticeable in performance or comfort (possibly a tiny more bumpy if anything).
Yeah thought so. The rolling radius only going up by 4mm 0.74% so dont expect much changes in the way of acceleration and think i can live with the ride changes.

Wootty

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
Hi mate, no noticeable difference with 18's. If anything more grip.
Hi Simon - i remember talking about it before - was just waiting for some more positives before i did the deed. :D

T666YPR

Unless you're going to buy some forged alloys,they'll be a lot heavier.

Extra unsprung weight will affect your performance all round.

Wootty

Advanced Member
T666YPR said:
Unless you're going to buy some forged alloys,they'll be a lot heavier.

Extra unsprung weight will affect your performance all round.
Just have to make sure i have a realy big dump before i get in the car then.. :lol:

rialnet

im running rota tarmac II's 18 x 7.5 on 225/40 and the difference from stock isnt that noticeable performance wise.. :?:

andyd

Advanced Member
i would of though if u stick to the same or near enough radius it would be the same :shock: ?

Andy

Tarmac

Advanced Member
to the average joe soap (which includes all of us), we probably wouldn't notice a difference in going up 1 wheel size. somebody who does a lot of track work and knows the car inside out through handling, point times etc would notice a difference.

this is actually something i've been debating myself lately - should i get 18's - even though i know i won't notice a difference, i will still know there is a difference :roll: