Do I need to turn engine over by hand?

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
It has been 7-8 months since I have started my Teg. Any suggestions on firing her up after such a time?

Put £15 worth of fuel in her today by Jerry can. Just waiting for the battery to charge meanwhile.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
It has been 7-8 months since I have started my Teg. Any suggestions on firing her up after such a time?

Put £15 worth of fuel in her today by Jerry can. Just waiting for the battery to charge meanwhile.
I'd just crank it over without the injectors plugged in for a few seconds then plug back in and away you go

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
How hard is it to remove the injector plugs? Remove all 4 plugs and crank it for say 3-4 seconds then plug it all back in and fire away? What benefit would this do unplugging the injectors?

Cheers mate first time I am going to do this so want to make sure I am doing it right

thanks

SamDC5

Advanced Member
4 blue plugs on the fuel rail. Remove the inlet manifold cover and it exposes them.

Crank for a few seconds, plug them back in and fire it up

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
4 blue plugs on the fuel rail. Remove the inlet manifold cover and it exposes them.

Crank for a few seconds, plug them back in and fire it up

Will be doing this tomorrow now as the weather been horrible today.

however what would taking the injector-plugs off do? I am usually used to just turning the key to the ignition waiting for all to prime and noises stop then Turn the key.

what does taking the injector plugs off achieve? Just asking mate

thanks

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Stops the engine from firing, a few rotations on the starter motor will nicely feed oil around the engine without rotating too fast from a start up.

It may not help who knows but you'd like to think feeding the oil at low speed will lubricate everything nicely.

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
Stops the engine from firing, a few rotations on the starter motor will nicely feed oil around the engine without rotating too fast from a start up.

It may not help who knows but you'd like to think feeding the oil at low speed will lubricate everything nicely.

Worked a treat disconnected then re-connected injector plugs and it started silky smooth!