Donington national evening 19/7/16

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Just booked on to this just in case anyone fancies it. Have been on loads of Hondas on tracks days and there's no Heroes on just a nice evening for a few laps

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I might be up for this.

Does it matter than I'm an absolute newbie? Or is it for all levels of experience?

EDIT: It says I have to have attended at least one other HOT day :(

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Wicked reggie

Have you been on many track days before ?

Might be best to get on the HOT site and maybe ask the question. There has always been great track etiquette between the two groups and with it being open pit lane its just safe gaurding everyone I suppose. I'm sure your more than competent but best to check with them.

Olly

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I have never been on track before. I was looking to do so this summer.

I've posted on the HOT forum, hopefully I can still attend with the instructor session if needs be

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Great way to start at Donny it's such a fab circuit I'm positive you'll love it

Hope to see you there if they'll allow it :)

Kev.W

Advanced Member
I can't afford to go on track but I'd happily come over and spectate as I only live about 40mins away

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Cool Kev pop over and say hello :)

I'm going to look into a few more days this year so they'll be plenty of opportunities to get on

Kev.W

Advanced Member
I'm considering booking one at Donnington on 8/9/16 for an evening session as it's the day before my bday

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
i have never done a HOT day but have done other track days, will i be allowed to come?

im only around the corner in nottingham too!

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
as a side note, if you need to have attened one HOT day to go on any event how is that ever going to work?

as any newbie will have 0 events therefore making it impossible to ever attend one?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
as a side note, if you need to have attened one HOT day to go on any event how is that ever going to work?

as any newbie will have 0 events therefore making it impossible to ever attend one?
I think it might just be this event in particular that you need to have attended another HOT event for. I think the reason why is because the session is being shared with Lotus on Track so will want some people who know how the day runs?

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
I did my first ever track day with HOT at Croft and it was amazing!! No knobs allowed and safe driving, the instructors are great - highly recommend that :)

ollydc5

Advanced Member
They are a great crew to be on with, I've had loads of great days out with them.

Has anyone else managed to book on ?