Door actuator/solenoid change

wocka

Advanced Member
This is a pretty tricky and awkward task, it‘s ok to do if your confident on working on your own car and will save you money so follow the steps carefully

Took me 45 mins from start to finish but I would allow 1-2 hours

You will need...

Small flat blade screwdriver
Philips screw driver
PZ3 screw driver (on a drill if poss)
10mm Spanner or ratchet

I got my new actuator from Jap Service Parts

https://japserviceparts.co.uk/honda-integra-dc5-door-lock-actuator-driver-side.html#accordionsection

I was going to go Honda as I usually do but this was £30 delivered and Honda are £80+ both come with warranty

The quality is fantastic and it was posted out same day 1st class signed for

First follow my door card removed guide

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=1441594&share_tid=48843&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eitr-dc5%2Eclub%2Fforum%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F48843-Removing-door-cards&share_type=t

Pull back the plastic covering to access inside of the door, once this is removed about half way you need to get your 10mm spanner and remove the bolt holding the window guide in place

Now look inside the door and disconnect the 2 clips on the door handle, these remove the same way as the door handle on the door card

Now undo the 2 plugs that connect to the black actuator and remove the white plastic clip holding the wires in place

Now you need to grab your PZ3 screw driver and remove the door lock. This is located on the side of the door, be careful not to round these off or damage them. I used an electric screwdriver to remove mine so I could apply pressure while removing them

Your lock mechanism is now free and you need to wiggle it out, make sure you don‘t get anything caught and guide the lock pin out too, it takes some moving around but comes out easy enough

Once it‘s free you can remove the last connecting part, this is the inside door handle wire

Remove this the same as the other clips and then push the plastic/rubber part out

Now remove the mechanism from the door

Turn it around so the metal part is facing up, remove the centre screw, mine was loose so this indicated mine had been done before

Now look on the side of the metal case, there are 2 clips, pry the metal outwards and push it up carefully, if any bits come loose, check the pics to see where they go

Now to remove the actuator, there are clips either side, unclip both sides and push up

My actuator had no Honda markings on and a 2007 date, hopefully my new one will last 12 years but wonder why the Honda one failed after 6 unless the date on the actuator was years before it was actually fitted

Now look at the white part of the new actuator, make sure it‘s facing the right way to slide into the gap and slide the new actuator in as the old one came out

Now fit everything back together and enjoy your new working central locking

Any questions pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaza4

Advanced Member
my passenger door pin has stopped working with the central locking, i assume this is what i need to do to fix it? i mean theres nothing else that stops the door pins from working is there?

edit: annoyingly that site linked above does not list a part for the passenger side and since the listing specifies driver side i assume there is a difference between them???

wocka

Advanced Member
gaza4 said:
my passenger door pin has stopped working with the central locking, i assume this is what i need to do to fix it? i mean theres nothing else that stops the door pins from working is there?

edit: annoyingly that site linked above does not list a part for the passenger side and since the listing specifies driver side i assume there is a difference between them???
Yes that‘s what happened to mine, the pin would move very slowly or not even move at all

Yes you would need a passenger side one as I‘m pretty that there sided, not sure why it‘s not listed, maybe give them a email to see if they can get one

Pdt

Just done this, thanks for the guide. Probably a 3.5/10 difficulty job.

Thanks also for the jap service parts hookup - saved £50 over the same part from elsewhere.

wocka

Advanced Member
Pdt said:
Just done this, thanks for the guide. Probably a 3.5/10 difficulty job.

Thanks also for the jap service parts hookup - saved £50 over the same part from elsewhere.
Glad it helped you out with the install and saved you money, double points

gaza4

Advanced Member
used this guide today and found the job quite handy, however i came up against an unexpected issue

yup that yellow wire is cut and no the blue box shouldnt be there!!!

the lock pin was modified to work off a non OEM actuator and the wires spliced together. need to pick up some new connectors tomorrow to make this all work. oddly the boot lock had actually been done in a similar fashion as i discovered a few years back.

anyway its probly due to the fact the these actuators are so expensive from Honda and the fact that passenger side ones are hard to come across spurious so heres a link to the one i got all the way from china. i cant comment further than to say it works when power is connected but i havent got a chance to test it in car with the wiring situation.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Left-Door-Lock-Actuator-Motor-72155-S5P-A11-For-Honda-Accord-Civic-Acura/273295584768?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

worth a try for under a tenner though right?