Door lock jammed

Dc5kaz

Hi there dc5 owners this is my very first post on this forum and was hoping to get some advice from anyone, my door lock is jammed and I can't turn the key....has anyone experienced this problem if so any solutions.

Teggs

Hi Kaz, Welcome to the forum, not sure I can help so much but over the last couple of years my central locking has become somewhat patchy, i.e. mainly not locking drivers side and have been having to use the key. Recently it has become a bit more obstructive to lock with the key aswell. I guess these issues are interlinked and I need to strip down the drivers door to find out if I can identify the problem. Will keep you posted how I get on. Probably just need to buy a modern car!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Try spraying some wd40 through the lock and slowly after letting it penetrate the lock try turning the key both ways (bit by bit) not fully to see if it’s just jammed or failed completely

As most are only ever used via rcl this could just be dried up so to speak and seized

Sina Winter

If you are unable to turn the key in the door lock of your DC5, it's possible that the lock cylinder has become jammed or damaged. Here are some things you can try to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue:
  1. Try lubricating the lock cylinder with a graphite-based lubricant. This can help to loosen up any stuck parts that may be preventing the key from turning. Avoid using oil-based lubricants as they can attract dirt and debris and actually make the problem worse.
  2. Check that the key is not damaged or worn. If the key is bent, chipped, or otherwise damaged, it may not be able to turn the lock cylinder. If this is the case, you may need to have a new key made.
  3. Inspect the lock cylinder for any visible damage or debris. It's possible that there is something lodged inside the lock cylinder that is preventing the key from turning. You can try using compressed air to blow out any debris or foreign objects that may be inside.
  4. If none of these steps work, you may need to have the lock cylinder replaced by a professional mechanic or locksmith Wandsworth. They can diagnose the issue and recommend the best course of action to fix the problem.

Last edited: