Dreaded EML - slight rev hunt/rev sticking

blueguy

Resident J's whore
It won't cause an issue driving with it as the teg should be driving in limp mode. Don't leave it though.

truupR

Advanced Member
It's behaving as normal after a few days with it on now. Only issue ive noticed is the fact that the idle isn't as stable as it was before. revs 'hang' more when the engine is cold but once its up to temp the only difference I've noticed is that even when warm it won't idle to 900 revs immediately. When I come to a stop the car sits at around 1100rpm and then eventually drops to 900 over about 15/20 seconds.

Drove around 40+ miles with it today and it behaved fine. Took it into vtec to see if there was any difference but the car is behaving as normal. Will get it ordered asap but I may be stuck for another 2+ weeks :(

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Nice guess dotty, I will eat my words lol.

There is another post about primary 02 sensor possibly giving trouble however it's not confirmed yet. Just thought it was worthy of mentioning as they are getting lots of carbon build up in the cylinders so as said, replace as soon as really

dotty

Advanced Member
As (bad) luck would have it mine has flashed up with a primary O2 sensor failure eml code today, well the EML flashed on briefly that last time I drove it but the EML has been on and off today and after plugging it in to a reader it confirmed a P0134 code, Tom at TGM has ordered one for me so it should be with him next week. Genuine Honda one is approx £190 but it needs to be done.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
dotty said:
As (bad) luck would have it mine has flashed up with a primary O2 sensor failure eml code today, well the EML flashed on briefly that last time I drove it but the EML has been on and off today and after plugging it in to a reader it confirmed a P0134 code, Tom at TGM has ordered one for me so it should be with him next week. Genuine Honda one is approx £190 but it needs to be done.
Talk of the devil! Is that the first time it's happened on your car? Just wondering if longer term owners have had to replace this sensor on more than one occasion?

dotty

Advanced Member
First time on this DC5 but it happened to the last DC5 I owned in 2006. It's something that is inevitable, my mileage is approaching 74k miles so I guess it was due.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
its ok to drive if the primary packs up, the ecu reverts into open loop for all the fuelling, which isnt great for economy, but the engineers at honda did a very good job with the factory maps.

I would still change it asap though.

while equivalent wideband sensors are available for half the price, they have been proven time and time again to either not work or not to last, its a bitter pill but just buy the honda one in the first place .

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
My EML came on briefly today, the garage weren't able to get it on a reader so I will have to drop it back off tomorrow.

It went off again when I turned the car off and back on again but I'm thinking it's the 02 sensor.

Quick question, I'm running a Tegiwa decat - does this mean the car won't have an 02 sensor?

Thanks.

Mebz

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
My EML came on briefly today, the garage weren't able to get it on a reader so I will have to drop it back off tomorrow.

It went off again when I turned the car off and back on again but I'm thinking it's the 02 sensor.

Quick question, I'm running a Tegiwa decat - does this mean the car won't have an 02 sensor?

Thanks.
Standard car has two cats.

When you put a decat manifold on they disable the 2nd cat via kpro/k100.

The other one is the important one which control afr.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Standard car has two cats.

When you put a decat manifold on they disable the 2nd cat via kpro/k100.

The other one is the important one which control afr.
I wasn't aware they came with 2 catalytic converters.

I've got an OEM Manifold spare so was wondering whether I could remove one of those sensors, I'm assuming one or both are the 02 sensors?

Thanks.

Mebz

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I wasn't aware they came with 2 catalytic converters.

I've got an OEM Manifold spare so was wondering whether I could remove one of those sensors, I'm assuming one or both are the 02 sensors?

Thanks.
Sorry I meant 2 O2 sensors. Senior moment.

Spirit R

Hello

Has anyone ordered an O2 sensor from Rockauto from the US?

I believe it‘s a Denso, part number 2349005 (correct me if I‘m wrong).

It doesn‘t cost as much as an OEM Honda just under £130 including p&p but I‘ve read up about it on here.

I bought my Denso O2 sensor for my DC2 from Rockauto couple of years ago and had no issues with it to-date.

Most likely going to order from there, if mine goes, rather than paying the silly prices here.