Driver's seat back movement?

iDrew

Advanced Member
I have noticed that the upright section of my driver seat has developed quite a lot of sideways "play" :?

Any ideas of how to tighten it up :?:

My car has only done 16k miles - should it of worn already :?

iDrew

Advanced Member
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Found a solution

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/product ... 419&type=s

Backrest Hinge Service Kit Internet Price : £21.57 Qty

This service kit will remove sideways movement of the backrest. The problem develops over time with wear to the backrest clasp mechanism. The plastic components develp flat spots which prevent the to clasp tightly.

The kit includes all the necessary parts to replace the worn pieces in the clasp mechanism to remove the lateral movement.

dan the man

Advanced Member
was just thinking this today actually... my dc2 is murder for it. and funny thing is the dc5 didnt do it and has started now... i think it must be the way i drive, always flicking it in left to right etc..must get worn easier..

recaro..sort it out r and d!!

dan :D

andyd

Advanced Member
iDrew said:
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Found a solution

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/product ... 419&type=s

Backrest Hinge Service Kit Internet Price : £21.57 Qty

This service kit will remove sideways movement of the backrest. The problem develops over time with wear to the backrest clasp mechanism. The plastic components develp flat spots which prevent the to clasp tightly.

The kit includes all the necessary parts to replace the worn pieces in the clasp mechanism to remove the lateral movement.
ahh cheers mines was doing this.

Top find.

Andy

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Hi guys.
Old thread revive I know, but prefer to do that than repeat…

anyone know where these refurb kits can be obtained? My seat back has some play in and it’s annoying me.

thanks!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi guys.
Old thread revive I know, but prefer to do that than repeat…

anyone know where these refurb kits can be obtained? My seat back has some play in and it’s annoying me.

thanks!
Capital seating sell all the parts still avail for oem recaros

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Capital seating sell all the parts still avail for oem recaros
Thanks dude, but I wouldn’t have posted on here if the above links etc all still worked. Nothing on capitals website, and they also can’t get hold of the red fabric for the dc5 seats anymore (the “pineapple” weave stuff in the middle section of the seats. )

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks dude, but I wouldn’t have posted on here if the above links etc all still worked. Nothing on capitals website, and they also can’t get hold of the red fabric for the dc5 seats anymore (the “pineapple” weave stuff in the middle section of the seats. )
That’s not good

Looks like mainly the mechanism and side bolster covers only now

Have you contacted them as they may have some old stock or something

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Yeah I have messaged. Heard nothing back yet. Apparently you can loosen and rotate the parts that the back hooks onto as they get worn - I’ll need to have another go at that as mine are very, very tight!

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
I could try wrapping some tape around them as an interim measure though I suppose

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
I’ve managed to rotate the pegs/brackets that the seat back clips on to. I’ll take it for a drive and test soon!

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
They’re quite expensive now though. I’m going to see if my rotation has worked before progressing further.

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
That’s interesting! Didn’t see that link previously! I had searched keywords and everything, and used the links earlier in this thread. Ah well. Thanks!