Dyno Charts!!

Two separate graphs laid over each other. The car is a k20 dc2 but it shows what kind of figures are possible with just bolt ons and a tune.

Car with my manifold made about 190+ torque. Both motors are bone stock apart from intake and exhaust and tuned on kpro. Apparently Paul at tdi north has never seen an n/a k20 make that much torque. That kind of torque is similar to a supercharge k20!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
What power/torque did you have before fitting? and did you install along with the springs on that site too as a package and what else if anything? My next mod is going to be cams etc so want to know what sort of increase and where in the range to expect.

Have you been impressed with those cams and are they still suitable for road use and gentle idle in traffic?

coolerking

Advanced Member
this is the route I'll be taking next myself, there seems to be so many options out there, think reliability will be the most important factor for me, will be keen to see how you get on Dan

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Im in discussion with Paul @TDi too about the stage1 drop in Cams they're fitting ATM. Quite an important decision really so want to research, theres just soooo many different cams out there each with their own pro/cons :xhelp:

coolerking

Advanced Member
yeah ive seen a few guys on the TRO forum having them put in, could be interested in those as well

N/A FTW

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
What power/torque did you have before fitting? and did you install along with the springs on that site too as a package and what else if anything? My next mod is going to be cams etc so want to know what sort of increase and where in the range to expect.

Have you been impressed with those cams and are they still suitable for road use and gentle idle in traffic?
Take a look at my build thread on CTRO for the low down: http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=211286

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
Why spend money on stage 3 na complete waste of cash?

Either charge it or turbo it end of.

I have owned many cars running big power on boost its far more cost effective to get more torque.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
it might be more cost effective to go turbo or sc but some people wish to remain N/A so are willing to spend more do to so.

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
Why spend money on stage 3 na complete waste of cash?

Either charge it or turbo it end of.

I have owned many cars running big power on boost its far more cost effective to get more torque.
That's your opinion

probably best not to clog the dyno thread with this kind of chat though.

si vti

Advanced Member
Thought i'd try and make a good first post!

Has anyone got over 300bhp NA? i'd be interested in talking to you ;)

Vindots

Advanced Member
mate did that password jdm intake gave you good gains?

I've been thinking of buying it but lots of people from clubrsx are bashing it!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Only the BC time attack cars, don't think anyone has a daily drive so to speak. Plus only way to get 300 n/a would be to go 2.2 i think.