Dyno Charts!!

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
A genuine 300hp on a K20 is tough, you need 13.7:1 static compression, a worked head, big cams and 9500RPM

On a K24 however...

Vindots

Advanced Member
@ si vti, hey mate your ek would be a monster on track with that power!! A good combination of handling and power! Time to eat turbo babies.. Haha

si vti

Advanced Member
there are plenty of video's on youtube of it and its been featured in banzai.

i built my dream track car, just built it too unblemished and clean to race it like i'd hoped :(

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Just posting up my new results from a run i've just had at Surrey rolling road. Had a run 2 years ago with the owners club and made 220.7 with a spoon drop in filter with everything else being completly stock. Since then i've changed to a Gruppe M air box and a Toda cat back exhaust. Everything else is still standard including the ECU.

Teg

Done today. injen cai hasnt been cleaned for quite a while and full Mugen exhaust(with sports cat).

chart1.JPG

paul hughes

On our Buddyclub DC5 in ATCS we usually ran 280 bhp because it was very reliable. but on the 2009 UKTA car we ran 305bhp on our modified RBC and 70mm TB which was not quicker at all on short circuits but on Silverstone and Snet it was a second quicker per lap, on fast heavily controlled one off lap situations (ideal condition tyres...all temps...wind...track condition ...time of day ,,,etc)

On the Nippon challenge 2011 car we ran 275bhp because its a 15 lap race and not a timed superpole style, so bhp makes no difference to race pace time and rythem . we still won every GT300 race...and were even faster that the GT500 class in all but one race(achieving outright wins) ....you guys should just get your NA heads on and go out there and kick some ass... :D

We have built the same engine for many many road going DC5 and EP3 cars with exactly the same bhp within 1-2bhp. they are still out there going strong...

Long live NA tuning.

P.S. Chassis are more important for winning races than power !!!!! just an observation over the last 30 years of my racing career... ^__^

paul hughes

What i meant by that was, you can measure the power of an engine on a dyno,

but you can only measure the power of a chassis on a stopwatch !!!

Gee74

After 8 months of ownership I finally found the time to get the Teg on the rollers. 212.3bhp, 200.0whp. Kakimoto 06&R cat back and K&N induction....very happy! Graph to follow.

dave c

400hp K20
pulpmelon_r said:
^ Looks like around 15 pounds of boost would be most efficient for that setup
Yep runs just shy of that in the "hi-boost" setting now and half of that on the "low" setting

the rest was mapped mainly to see how far the kit could go in its current setup and for safety to cover boost spikes

beppe786

Beppe
Hot day plus dyno reads low.. 282bhp @ wheels.. we had a joke if we was using tdi norths dyno would have been over 300bhp

got this done at Endless Horizon Motorsport, road tuning aswell as dyno.. much better drive now loads of torque low down , straight torque line change gear anytime it pulls

Daz at Endless Horizon was Great with the road tuning + Dyno Tune

http://youtu.be/1uEdOYt1bEM

http://youtu.be/RHbAq0o-Bx8