Dyno Charts!!

S1C

2011 Dyno
Kpro
RBC with custom air intake
Weppon R manifold with custom 200 cell cat
5Zigen Pro Racer exhaust system (60.5mm pipe)

Standard Ecu with all mods @ flywheel 193.4hp / 135.5tq (Very low) :shock:
Kpro Ecu with all mods @ flywheel 219.3hp / 153.4tq

I was very disappointed in the results :(

first dyno.jpg

I then found out the 5Zigen Pro Racer exhaust was very restrictive especially at the b-pipe and the back box also had a 2" baffle welded in :xmad:

I got rid of the b-pipe and then drilled out the 5Zigen Pro Racer back box baffle then got a remap with some interesting results.

2013 Dyno
Kpro
RBC with custom air intake
Weppon R manifold with custom 200 cell cat
5Zigen Pro Racer back box with baffle drilled out ;)
Custom b-pipe

retune.jpg

Kpro Ecu with all mods @ flywheel 249.2hp / 174.3tq :xgrin:
Unleaded 95 octane
Vtec @ 4800rpm for motorway cruising (can go to 4500rpm)

Here is an overlay of the two charts

dyno overlay1.jpg

R-39294

A presentation of my own civic type r
specs
stock jdm K20A inside
injen 3inch cold air intake
RBC intake manifold
Kpro (rev limited 8700rpm)
4-2-1 DC race header
70mm exhaust
vtec 4600rpm on full throttle, crusing vtec goes around 5000rpm
oils 5w-30 torco SR1

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
So in line with my build, step 3 was a pre dyno so that I knew what I had before I started fiddling with things, mate said he knows somone that would run it up for me, and since surrey rolling road is moving off i went.

This is done at HT Racing next to brands hatch.

05 facelift.
Mods are, Aem cold air intake and spoon N1 back box other than that she's standerd.

Thats at the flywheel. This was the first time I done a power run on my car. So still understanding it all, I'm happy tho, time to start fiddling :).

Cheeky picture

MrRy

Advanced Member
Has a top fuel intake (replica) and Spoon N1 catback, but standard other than that engine wise.

DamienB45

Mods:
Tegiwa exhaust manifold
Kakimoto Regu 06&R catback
GruppeM carbon airbox
RRC intake manifold
J's Racing 70mm throttle body
Hondata Kpro

249.6 bhp/8410 rpm and 176.2 lbft/6070 rpm
Vtec set to 4800 rpm

DanM

Got back late last night from TDI NORTH after an 8 hour round trip - was worth it though.

Just bolt on mods, but very happy with the results - made power all the way to the limiter.

90k K20A
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
70mm Skunk2 Throttle Body
Skunk2 IMG
Tegiwa Induction Kit
PLM 4-2-1 Exhaust Header
Magnaflow 2.5 inch CAT
CAS custom built 2.5 inch Exhaust
Kpro

250.9 bhp and 175.4 Ibft. Vtec set to 4800rpm

Paul was pretty happy with the results, as was I - great cross-country drive home.

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
On eurospec dyno.

05 DC5
AEM cold air induction kit
Spoon n1 back box
Js throttle body with a Ported prc inlet manifold to match the TB.
Fly and wheel.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Alexander0628 said:
On eurospec dyno.

05 DC5
AEM cold air induction kit
Spoon n1 back box
Js throttle body with a Ported prc inlet manifold to match the TB.
Fly and wheel.

Running very rich at the top if afr measurement is correct. Get kpro :)

Linus27

Advanced Member
Here's mine, mapped by Romain.

Honda Integra Type R DC5
K100
AEM V2
Spoon N1 Muffler
Spoon Mid Pipe

Pretty happy with the result, not that I know much about it, just a series of wiggly lines to me :)

maxvr6

Advanced Member
This is my first map from Romain...

Then this is the same map much further improved by mase but using a completely different calibration...

Mods at both times were:

Mugen intake
RBC inlet mani
Tegiwa exhaust mani
Mugen Twinloop b-pipe and catback

I would imagine if it went back to Eurospec's rolling road it would now output approx 240 HP

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Is an RRC worth the £££££

I have wrote the difference in torque and power at the bottom of the latest dyno print out with an RRC fitted

Not impressed at all really, maybe its the exhaust manifold as that has been changed too. But for me the dyno plots are too similar for the different parts fitted

integraleo

Advanced Member
From what romain said once the restrictions in the breathing system are eliminated the gains from the rrc disappear.so once everything is flowing nicely you won't gain any more power with an rrc above an rbc

Linus27

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
From what romain said once the restrictions in the breathing system are eliminated the gains from the rrc disappear.so once everything is flowing nicely you won't gain any more power with an rrc above an rbc
Did Romain say which induction kit he thought was the most efficient? Did he have any preference on a certain one?

integraleo

Advanced Member
Yes he said the injen kit that I used to have gives the best gains. But to be honest if the rest of your system is free flowing all the top kits will only show a couple hp either way.

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
I made 256 bhp 175lbft, 3 weeks ago with Drag cartel DIC cams, RBC,DC sports manifold header, dcsports full system back, mapped on K100, i was a little dissapointed with the top end bhp, although the car seems much quicker than my previous 241bhp setup. Graph to follow

Any one have any ideas to get my peak higher theese cams should run 270ish?

integraleo

Advanced Member
Who said that those cams will give you 270bhp?? Are you really not happy with 256hp? Where was that figure from? Too many people expecting too much from this engine. Do you realise there are supercharged k20 running around 280bhp??? You're not far off that. With full bolt ons and a restrictive kakimoto regu06r exhaust and full tune I'm at 226 bhp,with 3" exhaust I was 238.5bhp. Romain said these engines with no restrictions are around 240bhp give or take a few either way so if that's the case those cams have given you 16hp which is about right. You have reached the limit of what your engine can produce without some serious money being thrown at it and even then unless you boost it you won't gain much more. Only way for you to make more top end power is some vicious cams with fully built head running more revs. But gains wouldn't be worth the cost or the strain on the engine.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Think you'll struggle to get that sort of power with the DiCs.

I'm currently doing as mentioned above (built head, 3" system, SSR manifold, RBC etc etc) and I'm using the 2.2 drag cartel cams and I'd like to see around 265 etc but as Leo says it's a lot of money for the gains you'll get.

All fun at the end of the day but very expensive fun.

Gordon

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I think you're a bit too focused on your power figures, don't mean that in a mean way I'm just saying you've got excellent figures from the car there as it is and you've already said yourself you're happier with the way it's running so I wouldn't be overly concerned if I was you.

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Who said that those cams will give you 270bhp?? Are you really not happy with 256hp? Where was that figure from? Too many people expecting too much from this engine. Do you realise there are supercharged k20 running around 280bhp??? You're not far off that. With full bolt ons and a restrictive kakimoto regu06r exhaust and full tune I'm at 226 bhp,with 3" exhaust I was 238.5bhp. Romain said these engines with no restrictions are around 240bhp give or take a few either way so if that's the case those cams have given you 16hp which is about right. You have reached the limit of what your engine can produce without some serious money being thrown at it and even then unless you boost it you won't gain much more. Only way for you to make more top end power is some vicious cams with fully built head running more revs. But gains wouldn't be worth the cost or the strain on the engine.
In the states people are running 255 at the wheels with the DIC's they are on par with most stage 2 cams.

Its not that I am not happy with the 256bhp, I want the setup to be more efficient. Performance wise it feels fairly quicker ;)

I also had a RBC fitted at the same time which in theory should give 5-10bhp, so the cams didnt give the full 16bhp.

I think my issue is exhaust related I am running a DC sports header and full system, I am unsure if that is a 3" system, if its not then thats my problem.

It was also mapped on 97 ron, as no garage sells any better juice near by.