Dyno Charts!!

T666YPR

Anyone think we should have a sticky so we can post all the dynos in one place,like the other forums?

Here's mine:

Torque & Power @ Hubs

(will have to get one on a cold day to see if there's a lot of difference)

truffs

Am i right in saying Simon that the Spoon actually decreased the power (torque and BHP)? Good idea by the way. Now just got to find how to do it :D I will bring mine on Sun, and i also have an 'interesting' comparison on it that you might find interesting. Thats all i shall say for now :wink:

T666YPR

Noooo.

The 4:2 is the RED trace.

Only the peak torque dropped,which is negligible,seeing as there's a big increase low down and fatter up top.

(There is a weird blip around 7400rpm,have no idea what that is)

If you want I can host the pics or give you some pointers on Sunday :D

Simon

Tarmac

Advanced Member
here's mine, but then again, some of you already saw it :wink:

Click on this:

T666YPR

Here's Truff's dyno of his turbo vs a stock DC5 with around 200 miles on the clock (I wonder who's ??) :wink:

These figures are @Hubs

:shock: Obviously only a small improvement then :lol:

jonster

Advanced Member
That's pretty amazing power and especially torque. I don't know how you can put it all down.

Nice!

Jon

jonster

Advanced Member
Dyno before I added the TODA (with Stock 4-2 and Spoon 2-1 cat by-pass). All other mods as per the signature.

Note the pretty big torque dip at 5000 rpm. I could feel this on the road, but it helped moving the VTEC to a fixed point of 5250rpm rather than a VTEC window.

Jon

jonster

Advanced Member
Here is the dyno with the recently added TODA. It's really made the car a bit of a monster. An amazing gain in torque that you can really feel. Best mod I've ever bought. I'm quite poor now of course.

The VTEC window is 3300rpm to 5000rpm which is pretty insane but that what the composite of cam angles dictated where the most torque is. I've lost a little bit of peak power but I don't stay at 8k rpm that long and it's the area under the curve that matters (I'm telling my ego that anyway). The is no VTEC dip what so ever and I can even feel it engage. I can't see how I could put any more power down even with the steps I've made to make the care lighter.

I've coloured the mapped TODA graph in red because the before and after were the same colour. Thick line is before mapping with the TODA.

Can't wait for the next track day.

Cheers,

Jon

truffs

Cheers for that Simon :D In answer to Jonster question..... It can be a bit of a giggle 8) in this weather in 1st, 2nd, 3rd i can wheel spin (even did it in 4th the other day!!!) on a dry track though once out of third gear its awesome :lol: (horrific mpg though :!: )

jonster

Advanced Member
I can't wait to hear how you cope when it snows :)

I can imagine the fuel comsumption is a bit crazy. Part of my reason to move away from a STI Scooby was it's drinking habbit.

Get KPro'ed and have a summer and winter map :)

Jon

truffs

sorry meant to say once out of 1st gear on a dry track 8) i dont think im going to get much else done. The only thing is to get the petrol sorted out as it is over fueling at the mo and hide those gauges :D apart from that everything is sweet :D

jonster

Advanced Member
You've got one sweet ride for sure. Hope to join you at a track day some time to see her let loose.

If you get your ECU mapped specifically for how she breathes you will definately get more power and economy. Part throttle tuning makes a big difference to smoothness and not just economy too. Guy did a spot on job on mine recently.

Cheers,

Jon

truffs

Was discussing that yesterday with Dan whilst they were photographing my car for Jap Performance. Its in the pipeline, but nothing else or else im going to have to re-mortgage the house :!:
i know i was a lucky lad and got quite a find, but boy it could have been so the other way though :oops:

T666YPR

Now my Teg has been K-Pro'd,here's my latest dyno:

Figured @Wheels (Can't really compare to the Dynapack dynos' as the figs are lower,but car has significantly more torque & power) :D

jonster

Advanced Member
Looks pretty good to me Si.

Bags more torque and a smooth power progression. No obvious VTEC dip.

How does she drive?

It's amazing how the torque characteristics vary so much between yours, Mark's and mine.

ITB's next on your list? :)

Jon

T666YPR

I had a word with Guy about those,not far off finished he tells me.Reckons a solid 20brake :shock: 8)

I added a seperate post in the gallery so as to keep the dyno section freed up if you know what I mean :D

As stated the car is transformed,especially when changing gear at redline straight back into the middle of the wave of torque :twisted:

The acceleration is now linear through the vtec point with the change being mainly aural,but there's still a small tap,rather than kick,to be felt :wink:
We compared your Toda dyno and it kicks my torque in the teeth,mine showing a little more top end bhp,but not a very useful few :oops: (When I say more,I mean the same peak but a little longer)

More test piloting tomorrow is on the cards 8)

Roll on the mid-week trackdays,and lets hope my fitness regime kicks in too.No more pies for me!! :wink:

Cheers Jon

Simon

Sharpey

Advanced Member
Here's mine if it works, have a look at the date I think Guy finished about one in the morning.

T666YPR

Here are my dyno comparisons as recorded at Thor Racing yesterday:

Self explanatory.

(All readings using 5th gear for 1:1)

This is so you can now compare STOCK to ALL MODS (Mugen exhaust+Spoon 4:2+Spoon 2:1+Spoon TB+Spoon Filter+5Zigen Intake) and ALL MODS+Hondata K-Pro.

Second pic shows how the fuel has "leaned out" over the same stages.

Going by various dyno comparisons at different places and using all the differing opinions on %loss calculations,my car is putting out between 222bhp & 156ft/lb and 245bhp & 171ft/lb

Don't care what it is,feels lots more powerfull than stock now and having all my mods measured at the same place proves it :D

Please note on the Hondata graph Pete didn't get his foot in when the computer said GO so the pick up is a little low,but by now you'd already 'sussed that :wink: