E10 Fuel?

Tim J

Advanced Member
Ok Chaps, I'm pretty confident that as most (if not all) of us use premium/super unleaded so we haven't got anything to worry about but I've just been notified of this.
The UK government vehicle checker is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Just checked the daughter's car (62) plate and that's ok but it does mention anything European and after 2011 are ok.
Obvs, ours are neither

Any thoughts?

Cheers as always

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tim J

Advanced Member
Well, yes really.
Call me old fashioned but I've only just become accustomed to leaded and unleaded ( and don't even get me started on 2* & 4* )
I realise that normal unleaded is 95% Ron and super unleaded is 98% Ron
And back in the days when you holiday in the States, I know they have 87% Ron
Just all a bit confused by it all

Apologies for waffling

Is Super Unleaded going to be known as E5 or E10?

Cheers

Tim

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Well, yes really.
Call me old fashioned but I've only just become accustomed to leaded and unleaded ( and don't even get me started on 2* & 4* )
I realise that normal unleaded is 95% Ron and super unleaded is 98% Ron
And back in the days when you holiday in the States, I know they have 87% Ron
Just all a bit confused by it all

Apologies for waffling

Is Super Unleaded going to be known as E5 or E10?

Cheers

Tim

Yes, Shell V Power, momentum and Essos new Supreme are all 99 octane. I personally run V Power although I wouldn't mind running Esso to see if there's any difference.

Everyone with a DC5 should be running 99 octane as that is what the car is mapped to run.

Super unleaded fuels will stay at E5 for the new 5 years thankfully but what the government decide to do after that I have no idea. The whole green energy push in the automotive industry is a complete tick box exercise imo. I don't think full electric is the way forward.

I'm not sure how it would effect the DC5s if we were forced onto E10 in the future. E5 means up to 5% ethanol. Down in some parts of England Esso garages have 0% ethanol on the Supreme pumps which I believe classic car and bike owners use due to their fuel systems.

The DC5 would run on E10 fuel but I'm not sure if it would have long term effects on the car itself.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk