EFI Parts - Runcorn (Chris)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Thought it's only fair I post some feedback for Chris at EFI Parts in Runcorn as I've had some work done from him of late.

I took my car to be mapped by Chris a few months back as I didn't feel it was running quite right. I'd done extensive research into mappers as there are a number of places to go to, and having read feedback from other owners and being in Dan Coyote's car myself, I felt Chris was the only person to turn to and I have not been disappointed.

Although the car is clearly down on power, the service from Chris has been top class. After the inital map was done I was unhappy with a few things, the car was poor from cold and very lumpy and also to me, VTEC wasn't engaging as smoothly as I'd hoped as I noticed some slight hesitancy when the crossover occurred.

I emailed Chris and he was more than happy to take time out of his busy schedule to look at the car again, I must admit I think he was disappointed to take the car back as he clearly takes pride in his work so he wanted to sort the car out.

I took it back to him last week after a wait of a few weeks which I really didn't mind. Chris went to town again on the car, he did all he could with the sticky VTEC and has made the transition as smooth as possible. He's also managed to pump some more fuel into the car from cold so it's now running better, power was down again but again he could not find any faults so there is no blame on Chris whatsoever.

We had a good chat Saturday afternoon after he'd mapped another customer's race Clio 182 (Chris does a lot with Clio's and Renaults) and he explained that he's tried as hard as possible to maximise full potential from the car but something else is clearly going on. He has from experience seen some Honda Race cars go in at the start of a race season making decent power only to see them at the end of the season down on power due to worn rings, he said it could well be the exhaust that is restricting the car. Sadly he's not a mechanic but he's helped give me an idea as to what's happening.

He took the time to explain where the car is making power and where it isn't, the car is driving well and that's coming from him. He even spent a few days testing the car from cold each day to ensure everything was spot on and has said that these engines are so highly strung that even a small change like an exhaust can make a massive difference.

The car is driving really well and the pull it has in third and fourth in particular is now far better. I cannot thank Chris enough as I've been a bit of a nightmare for him, he's such a busy guy but word of warning, you need to be patient if you want work from him as he does all manner of cars, turbos, race cars, rally cars all sorts. The Renault lads that were there before me had said he'd just finished mapping a Civic that was running 450 brake so he clearly knows his stuff and he's a nice guy too.

Anyway some feedback from me, hopefully others can add to this.

Cheers.