Eibach Pro Kit or Tein S Tech Lowering Springs ?

Mbk786

Advanced Member
Which ones do you lot recommend ?

Eibach Pro Kit or the Tein S Tech ?

I believe the Eibach's are 30mm drop...

The Tein S Tech are 25mm on front and 20mm on rear...

After best handling.

Debating which one to choose as they both the same price.

Thanks.

Mbk786

Advanced Member
ckh said:
Eibach will be the more popular choice
but is that because people have tried them both and decided on the Eibachs ? Or bought them as they are slightly cheaper and because everyone is

ckh

Advanced Member
From recommendation of TGM that eibach are a very good upgrade from standard and i heard that teins are a bit more harsh on road

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I've had Teins coilovers and got Eibach's pro springs with the standard shocks now and I'm not a fan of either.

They're both similar feeling suspensions in that they're both soft on normal roads and then too crashy over bumps and humps. Personally I'd rather something that gives a car a bit more 'feel' on normal roads.

I don't like either really but then again mine doesn't have an FRSU so the car may feel different if it had.

Mbk786

Advanced Member
ckh said:
From recommendation of TGM that eibach are a very good upgrade from standard and i heard that teins are a bit more harsh on road
Thanks for that

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Ive driven a DC5 with the eibach pro's, and I have the S techs recently fitted to mine as of xmas. Both had/have a FRSU, and both are very responsive in the corners.

The Eibach pro kit rode really really well, ironing out most of the little bumps in the road at normal town and A road speeds, and still retaned a very confident drive over oem. After then getting back into mine which at the time had a standard setup I could feel a massive difference so it prompted me to get some. I had my choices laid out in front of me, and after originally getting spoons, (turned out to be the wrong ones) I had to get a set of Teins. I couldn't get on with looking at my car with a reverse rake effect nomatter how good the eibach springs were to drive on. Sounds stupid but thats why I went for the Teins, nice and level. They are a firm ride compared with the Eibach, but almost identical in feel to the Oem setup around town. So abit crashy etc, but where they are good is in the corners and on the motorway/A roads. They iron out bumps beautifuly, about the same as the eibach do. Both are progressive in design so thats the idea with them, smooth on road, hard in corners.

So to sum it up,...

Eibach -
very comfy,
good handling and road holding,
uneven rake on the cars height. (lower on the back to the front)
Great feedback when driving,
Handling is sublime with a FRSU

Teins -
Same crashy ride as Oem at slow speeds, comfortable and more complaint at speed than standard, but harder than the eibach,
Level ride height but not stupidly low you cant go over bumps,
Handle supurb with a FRSU,

It depends how your roads are, im in the country side with very poor roads, mines a daily and I changed to the Teins without telling the misses. After a drive she felt the ride was comfier above say 40/50mph but felt no difference at town driving. Lol I still just avoid potholes like the plague. Haha

Hope this helps. I can get a decent side shot up for you tomorrow. :)

DC5RS

DC5
why my car was so low when i bought it? (with s techs and oem struts) looks much more than 25mm drop or am I wrong?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I think the old S techs weren't progressive, they just had a large coil, whereas mine compared to an old set (jono's) wer different. Mine certainly isn't that low and they have covered around 6000 miles now.

Mbk786

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Ive driven a DC5 with the eibach pro's, and I have the S techs recently fitted to mine as of xmas. Both had/have a FRSU, and both are very responsive in the corners.

The Eibach pro kit rode really really well, ironing out most of the little bumps in the road at normal town and A road speeds, and still retaned a very confident drive over oem. After then getting back into mine which at the time had a standard setup I could feel a massive difference so it prompted me to get some. I had my choices laid out in front of me, and after originally getting spoons, (turned out to be the wrong ones) I had to get a set of Teins. I couldn't get on with looking at my car with a reverse rake effect nomatter how good the eibach springs were to drive on. Sounds stupid but thats why I went for the Teins, nice and level. They are a firm ride compared with the Eibach, but almost identical in feel to the Oem setup around town. So abit crashy etc, but where they are good is in the corners and on the motorway/A roads. They iron out bumps beautifuly, about the same as the eibach do. Both are progressive in design so thats the idea with them, smooth on road, hard in corners.

So to sum it up,...

Eibach -
very comfy,
good handling and road holding,
uneven rake on the cars height. (lower on the back to the front)
Great feedback when driving,
Handling is sublime with a FRSU

Teins -
Same crashy ride as Oem at slow speeds, comfortable and more complaint at speed than standard, but harder than the eibach,
Level ride height but not stupidly low you cant go over bumps,
Handle supurb with a FRSU,

It depends how your roads are, im in the country side with very poor roads, mines a daily and I changed to the Teins without telling the misses. After a drive she felt the ride was comfier above say 40/50mph but felt no difference at town driving. Lol I still just avoid potholes like the plague. Haha

Hope this helps. I can get a decent side shot up for you tomorrow. :)
Jimmer thank you for that information ! Really helped, and i have ordered the Teins... I dont like the un-even rake either, and also roads down where i am are good... Plus its not as low as the eibach.

Thanks once again

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Mbk786 said:
Jimmer thank you for that information ! Really helped, and i have ordered the Teins... I dont like the un-even rake either, and also roads down where i am are good... Plus its not as low as the eibach.

Thanks once again
No worries, as honest as I can be :)

They do settle down after a few weeks obviously, but I would recommend when you get them (and its what I did) was on the fronts where the spring turns to the larger coils from the compressed coils is move the brown silencing rubber down a coil, stops them clanging together ;)

Rom

Advanced Member
Jimmer that last shot is with the Teins ? Looks less arch gap at rear, though angle could be throwing me off.

Ive given up hope, and just got a set of newish EIbach Pros.

Ive never struggled so much getting suspension for a car. Different sites list all the springs as whatever they feel like. Ive seen Pros listed as 25mm and 30mm. But everywhere says they lower front and back the same.
General consensus is the Sports give reverse rake, yet sites claim fronts lower more than back.

Then i hear even Pros give reverse rake.Yet again, claim to lower same front and rear.

So either the DC5 has reverse rake from factory. Or Eibach lie, and they lower different amounts.

Im going to just suck it and see. If im not happy, ill move on to something else. I need to see 'my' car to decide really. But reverse rake is a big no no. So if i can notice it, they will have to go.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
In standard form, If you look down the side and get low, Level with the arches the fronts are slightly higher. I had the same problem Rom, but in that last picture im on an old coastal road going uphill so that doesn't help. Haha on the flat they are level, but when I park next to Adam with his spoon springs it throws me way off. Haha but I have thought the same some times, if the road is uneasy then it does it. I think where the Teins are flat, not front rake or rear rake it can be a visual thing, been days where ive thought thats not right, pulled forward a foot or two or parked on the drive facing the other way and its fine and ive sighed relief haha.

This pic shows it well, Level road, with even arch gap, and shows Adams car infront, with a front rake effect (which I do really like) the old Teins did this effect better I believe.

Brecht

Advanced Member
they are reverse raked from factory i believe, most springs that cause the car to level out have different lowering heights front and rear.
i've got the eibach pro's myself , mated with the bilstein b8 sprint kit. absolutely love it and the rake doesn't bother me at all really .

dotty

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I've had Teins coilovers and got Eibach's pro springs with the standard shocks now and I'm not a fan of either.

They're both similar feeling suspensions in that they're both soft on normal roads and then too crashy over bumps and humps. Personally I'd rather something that gives a car a bit more 'feel' on normal roads.

I don't like either really but then again mine doesn't have an FRSU so the car may feel different if it had.
You haven't got a geo set up ? You mean you just fitted the springs without any geo adjustment ?

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
IMO the eibach pro kit sits too low on the back compared to the front, it does have opposite rake and it doesn't look quite right.

I've just bought a set of sportlines, and will run sportline fronts and pro kit rears, which I'm hoping should sit very nicely. I'd never normally run different springs front to rear but I'm going to give it a go and see how the car drives.