Eibach Pro Street S coilovers vs Eibach springs

giandc5

Advanced Member
I currently have eibach springs which has improved the ride on bumpy roads to some extent over oem. Would it be worth changing to eibach coilovers. Would this further improve it or is not worth it. Has anybody had experience of both.

Suped

Advanced Member
Made the move to eibach coilovers... best thing I've ever done! Springs were great, but the coilovers are better by far. I find the bumps are well handled and can clear speed humps with ease. Get a geometry done by TGM and the car's handling is transformed.

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Suped said:
Made the move to eibach coilovers... best thing I've ever done! Springs were great, but the coilovers are better by far. I find the bumps are well handled and can clear speed humps with ease. Get a geometry done by TGM and the car's handling is transformed.

agree with this, i drove Stevies 271bhp N/A teg with a fast road setup done by tom from TGM with Eibach Pro street Coilovers fitted and the drive was stunning.

BTW - we have the same coilovers for sale in the traders section. Bargain price at £400.

Cheers

Andy

MartinRSV

By transformed how do mean? More front end grip, back end more mobile, lift off oversteer, etc, etc. Thinking of getting a DC5 soon, this would be great info.

Suped

Advanced Member
Coilovers needs to be setup correctly to feel the full experience of great road handling. When on springs, you do tend to get alot of lift of over steer thrown into a corner, this leaves you to control the throttle more. lift off is almost eliminated wiith coilovers set on the good height with FRS geo done, I could enter a corner at 60-70 (corner like a slip road joining the motorway) and it'll stick. One thing that impressed me with the coilies over the springs is the ride comfort, feels more solid on the rebound from bumps, etc. Oddly enough, when the coilovers were fitted, there is way more front-end grip when having a fast take off. I used to get amounts of wheel hopping on eibach springs when full throttle is applied.

I think my advice to newbies, is coilovers + FRS from TGM should be first mod to do. Best one that gives most fun! Beats any power mods IMHO.

flex1984

Advanced Member
would the eibach coilovers be to hard for a new born baby, im trying to soften my car up but i dont like the idea of lift of oversteer to much

anything gona be better then my tein coilovers but i hear the eibach coilovers are the softest coilovers for dc5

do u think the eibach would still be to hard?

MartinRSV

That's top advice. Will certainly be looking to do this if I get a favourable insurance quote to buy the car first.

Suped said:
lift off is almost eliminated wiith coilovers set on the good height with FRS geo done, I could enter a corner at 60-70 (corner like a slip road joining the motorway) and it'll stick.
I like the idea of 'almost'. Does that mean the back feels like it's helping it to steer rather than being a brown trousers moment?

Suped

Advanced Member
flex1984 said:
would the eibach coilovers be to hard for a new born baby, im trying to soften my car up but i dont like the idea of lift of oversteer to much

anything gona be better then my tein coilovers but i hear the eibach coilovers are the softest coilovers for dc5

do u think the eibach would still be to hard?
Don't think a teg is comfortable enough for a new born! Its a teg... lol

I think you need a merc for comfy new borns.....

flex1984

Advanced Member
fcuk that, dont wona get rid of the teg just yet, lol

baby will get use to it, be ok ;) lol.....

raz786

Advanced Member
Do what I did mate, buy the Mrs a 1 series or similar, awesome car and very comfy for bubz :D