Engine bay Intake system fitments

RC_intdc5

Hi all
I know this topic has been covered a few times on here i have read them all. Just wondering if i could see some pictures of the intake systems everyone is running.
Want to see which one i like. Seen the ARC system, considering the AEM long system as well but haven't seen that one want a nice sound too

Any help be much appreciated :)

ollieh17

Advanced Member
RC_intdc5 said:
Hi all
I know this topic has been covered a few times on here i have read them all. Just wondering if i could see some pictures of the intake systems everyone is running.
Want to see which one i like. Seen the ARC system, considering the AEM long system as well but haven't seen that one want a nice sound too

Any help be much appreciated :)
I have a aem v2. Will upload a pic later!it's for sale too!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Pics on my build thread of the AEWM long arm fitted to my car and if you want to hear it I can whatsapp you some clips from the recent track day to hear, along with additional pics, if want some pm me mate

Carl

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Theres alot of discussion on that. Im sure they still make decent power, especially compared to the cost of other kits

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Believe the AEM intake is up there with one of the best? Pretty new to DC5 but have done some research, happy to be corrected if wrong

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Believe the AEM intake is up there with one of the best? Pretty new to DC5 but have done some research, happy to be corrected if wrong
This is correct, the AEM long arm is well up there, BUT some get worried about Hydrolock as it's sat in the bumper right by the passenger wheel, however they are designed to prevent Hydrolock (so it says on their site I remember reading somewhere), you can also buy an AEM or Injen Hydroshield to go over it (which I have) and never had any issues.

They are better than the short arm as they are away from hot engine air and so no heatsoak, the only issue I am having with mines the noise, I am on the limit with my setup on tracks so may have to remove it and get a new setup on which I would rather not do as it sounds lovely, but I would rather that and no issues over a bung in the exhaust ruining my day as I plan to use the car on track a lot going forward.

If your cars is more road orientated then it's a great setup to have (Short or Long arm AEM) both are great

hondamad2204

Advanced Member

Been in many Tegs with various intakes, also owned a few from grippe M to open come..Since having the mugen setup I haven‘t looked or wanted for anything else.

Fits brilliant, not restrictive at all, nice sophisticated noise and with a cold air feed like my J‘s racing one pictured which draws air in from the grille area you can‘t go wrong performance wise. No heat soak what so ever. Nice and smooth air flow and performance. A lot less asbo than most systems but certainly not “boring” or “the same as OEM...just expensive” that some people will have you believe.

Apart from fitting in the same place and being black the differences over the OEM intakes are vast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk