Engine Check Light

skengdR

Advanced Member
lights come on this morning cant rev over 4000 (no vtec) . It wont connect to kpro via bluetooth and my laptop is at home so I have to wait til I get home to check.

Only recent changes are changed the rocker cover on Monday and installed a breather filter and also installed an exhaust flange as I was having some vibrations with the twin loop back box hitting the anti roll bar.

Any help or advice ?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Have you checked the oil level mate? Silly I know but Vtec run's off of oil so if it's low it will stop it rev'ing and engaging Vtec

skengdR

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Have you checked the oil level mate? Silly I know but Vtec run's off of oil so if it's low it will stop it rev'ing and engaging Vtec
havent checked it but it should be fine , thanks for the help though .

cant wait to get home and see what k manager says. ill double check the oil.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

My Teg did it when I removed the breather pipe from the rocker cover. I turned the check light off of using my Torque OBD app.

That sorted it.

Regards.

skengdR

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi.

My Teg did it when I removed the breather pipe from the rocker cover. I turned the check light off of using my Torque OBD app.

That sorted it.

Regards.
I am guessing you are on a stock ecu ?

skengdR

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi.

Yes stock ECU. Have you got it sorted.

Regards.
no luck fixing the problem yet .

I used a obd code reader and its found one fault but it wont tell me the fault. Once i clear the error code , it comes back in a few seconds.

I will be trying a second code reader later today and ill update everyone.

If i cant figure it out , ill take it back to the tuner and see if he has better luck than I do.

skengdR

Advanced Member
Update

Started the car after work and guess what no check engine light.

KPro all good now connects on usb and bluetooth . Error code came up as P-0000 .

Seems back to normal and vtec is back , happy days.

Double checked the ground wires , ill keep an eye on it and let everyone know if it comes back. When i googled most comments related to the ignition off issue on kpro pointed towards grounding.

Many thanks to everyone who helped out with advice , big thanks to Jesse who last mapped the car and supplied the kpro. He was willing to have me visit him on Saturday to troubleshoot , great customer service as always.