Engine Dress up/ hoses/ reservoir pots replacement

Javirai1

Advanced Member
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a good supplier/ garage which would replace my OEM hoses / reservoir pots?

I've just had some coolant hoses and an induction hose delivered, in red, but was wondering if there was anyone who has replaced most of the hoses and tanks/ bottles to silver/chrome variations.

Looking to tidy up the engine bay a tad as although it looks the nuts... Could do with bit of colour.

Tried getting hold of samco / sfs but to no luck so far.

Cheers,

Ry

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
TGM mate. Can do most things. <br /><br />Iv done most off the hoses in my engine bay but if it has oil through it then you need special pipe not silicone as oil degrades it.

Javirai1

Advanced Member
Thanks for the help bud.

Looking to book the motor into TGM in April to get the other bits fitted so might be best I speak to Tom and just say replace as much as you want! Lol

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Yea sounds good. Just get all the parts before hand so he has the right stuff and it won't take home long.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.spec-r.co.uk/

you wont see any honda stuff listed, but he can do clutch fluid res, power steering res, breather systems and anything else you could make from aluminium , he will also custom make stuff , unlike most other brands all Petes stuff is totally hand made in Devizes not bought in from China, header tank is pointless as you cant see it,

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Was that your engine bay Si? I'd heard you'd had a lot of the pots changed as it was something I was considering myself in time.

What's with the red leads going to the coil packs (if they are still there)? Is it some kind of aftermarket ignition system? Never seen that on a DC5 before?

blueguy

Resident J's whore
davidpingu said:
Was that your engine bay Si? I'd heard you'd had a lot of the pots changed as it was something I was considering myself in time.

What's with the red leads going to the coil packs (if they are still there)? Is it some kind of aftermarket ignition system? Never seen that on a DC5 before?
Those are Nology leads. I can only recall Si and monz running these with no obvious power gain/loss IIRC.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yep nology, US spec leads i think, the jap spec ones were shorter and mounted to the bulkhead but the main reason for removal is they dont really like heat and over time when they fail its nearly always due to heat breaking down the coilpack, so it seemed a good idea to move it outside, they worked well and as blueguy says didnt lose power.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Sounds as though they didn't gain power either despite the claims made on their website :D

I guess if you start to get coil pack failure it's worth considering against new packs which probably aren't going to be cheap but I do rather like the flush finish you get from the standard coil pack cover.

Sorry to the OP, I've sent this off topic now!

Javirai1

Advanced Member
Thanks for the help guys!

Spec-R aren't too far from me so shall give them a bell!

Did you have to leave your car there long when you got them replaced? Or did you provide him with some donor parts for him to copy?????

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I left my car with Pete , but it was ears ago, he might have my original pots still (he normally keeps stuff like that,) if you want anything specific made its best to leave the car, he can make sure everything fits just perfectly,

check out their facebook page as thats where he hangs about most evenings, also if you go then tell him Simon said hi,

Javirai1

Advanced Member
also...if you dont mind me asking, what sort of ball park price are we talking about to get them replaced? if you could PM me that would be great.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
few hundred quid i would think, BUT, at the moment NO-ONE else has them, how much is that worth, he now gets them painted too which look amazing especially in white etc

Javirai1

Advanced Member
Ah that's fine mate!! :) was just checking it wasn't 3zeros! Lol

I've dropped him a message via Facebook today, and if he doesn't reply I will get on the phone!

Thanks for all your help mate, much appreciated!