Engine management light on? Self diagnosis.

Grov

Banned
91 Stoo. Fuel tank pressure? Eh?

Can't be poor quality fuel as i always use V-Power.

Fuel Filter maybe?

I did have K100 fitted and tuned at tdi north the other week, the light had been on for a few weeks but paul said it would have no effect........

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
I need help guys
Engine light came on last night then went off after 5 minutes of driving.
I have done the self test cel codes I have got the following:
Engine light flashes:

The ABS light flashes:

I'm well confused as I watched them for 4 minutes and this is correct to my understanding.

61 is air fuel ratio sensor but the others do not exist???

Please any help would be great.
I have had a new IAC valve last week by TGM and I have reset the ecu this morning to clear the codes.
But the abs light still flashes those codes above even after the reset?

I do also have an idle variation which it pulses now and again from 1 to 1.5k. I do have kpro also.

James.

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
I am getting code 5 now which is the map sensor.
Will this be ok to drive with the intermittent sensor problem?

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Hi guys when I click on the link to the guide,the page doesn't load? Anyone got a working link?

thanks

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
My engine management light came on this morning oh great! As cameroon95 has said above the links at the beginning of this page don't work? Any help would be appreciated cheers guys

Brophy

Advanced Member
My engine management light came on this morning oh great! As cameroon95 has said above the links at the beginning of this page don't work? Any help would be appreciated cheers guys
Same happened to me I went on goggle and found these ones :)

How to read the CEL codes.

http://www.k-series.com/content.php?696-Got-a-Check-Engine-Light-(CEL)

And what codes mean.

http://www.k-series.com/dtc.html

Hope links work ok ;) and help.

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
Cheers for that mate car seems to be running ok which is strange not sure if im brave enough to self diagnose might get my mechanic to look at it at the weekend!

Brophy

Advanced Member
Cheers for that mate car seems to be running ok which is strange not sure if im brave enough to self diagnose might get my mechanic to look at it at the weekend!
No problem , it's easy I done it for first time just need short bit of cable strip both ends and put in correct pins.

Easy :)

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
Hi guys just had my mechanic round to read my fault code he had to enter civic type r like Grov but picked up code 41 which is the pre cat lambda sensor great!!!! where is the cheapest place to pick a new one up from seems like it may be main dealer as no one else seems to sell them?! why are they soooo expensive its only a sensor?

TheRealKCG

Gents, just want to be 100% on the whole 02 sensor replacement.
I just got my 2002 JDM DC5 last Wednesday, and am delighted with it. But after 4 hours of driving it the CEL light came on. Sickener.
I got it diagnosed with the auto electrician using an Autoboss V30.
It came back with the following results:
- Fault code: 48-03
- Description: H02S (A/F SENSOR) (S1) FAILURE
He removed the code, but within half an hour it was back.
The thing is, the CEL isn't on all the time. Sometimes it comes on when driving, other times it'll be on from ignition. I want to get it sorted but I'm wondering has the primary 02 sensor just got a faulty connection.
And the code isn't really listed on the DTC Troubleshooting index. I know the CEL Flash code 48 is there alright. I think my issue might be the same as the DC5 RSX code 11-93. Not sure really.
I'm gonna probably order the Denso part at the weekend anyway
DENSO Part # 2349005
Product link:
http://www.rockauto....4-2349005-22091

But just want some re-assurance is all thanks guys!

DC5iveIRL

Hi I got a kpro in my car a few weeks back awesome upgrade and I'm still to make a full review.. But on start up on two occasions tel eml came on so I turned the car of and it went out it happened twice in around 4 weeks so I got the car plugged in and it came up 02 sensor no1 no activity detected so I went to the local honda dealer and bought a new sensor @ 210euro and so far it's happy days hope this helps..

cwwoodley

Hey everyone, my engine light came on today on my way home from work, I plugged the paperclip into my OBD port, and my engine light did not flash but my ABS light came up with the code 16 is this the same way of reading codes? And can anyone tell me what code 16 is as it's not listed.

cwwoodley

I have ordered one of these from rock auto and it's been shipped and on its way to me but I have fixed the problem, it was the plug loose so all I needed to do was clip the plug back in place,I have one of these plugs brand new for sale if anyone is interested please get in touch. Will be posting it in the for sale section in the next couple of days.