Engine mount upgrades

Gaz700

As the title what's everyone using,i fitted the inserts but I think my mounts were past it before hand,they have helped but not really where I want it to be

Was looking at the innovative ones in Htune? Any good air any other suggestions welcome?
(tried searching but I can never find anything using the search function.)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Ive still yet to fit my Mugens. Haha i will be fitting in the coming months, but only heard of good things :)

Few others out there, innovate, hasport, vibra technics, new oem, hardrace.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I had Spoon ones on my S2000 and they were superb.

Using ESMM on my DC5, no complaints.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I have brand new OEM Honda ones on my car and have energy inserts to go in, anyone got any experience with these and are they worth adding?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I use them in mine Carl, they've been used by many members over the years without issue.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I use them in mine Carl, they've been used by many members over the years without issue.
Cheers mate I will have them installed by TGM whilst it's there then, not long now mate as drop it off Sat morning :)

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
I had mine installed at TGM and at the time Tom suggested only installing the front insert, less cabin noise/vibration. So that's what I did.

Do you have both in or front only Chris? If both, how is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
All mine are done but I don't really care about cabin vibrations with it being mainly a track car.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
I had mine installed at TGM and at the time Tom suggested only installing the front insert, less cabin noise/vibration. So that's what I did.

Do you have both in or front only Chris? If both, how is it?

I will discuss this with Tom and see what he says on Sat and may go the route you have mate as the less cabin vibration the better :)

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Even with the one there's definitely an increase in vibration. But as with anything new, you notice it at first but then after a while you forget about it.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Even with the one there's definitely an increase in vibration. But as with anything new, you notice it at first but then after a while you forget about it.

I think it's a worthwhile add-on as Tom said that is reduces the hit on the mounts that are there and will help prevent them splitting and breaking going forward.

Are you at any track sessions soon mate as I recall you being local (ish)

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Unlikely at the moment Carl. Lots of travel with work currently. That and I've been spending too much recently ha ha.

I will be at TGM at some point soon ish though. Either end of May or beginning of June. Tom ordered me some Cusco ARBs so am just waiting for those to arrive. I'm off to Vegas on the 20th for the week so at this rate I'll most likely be there in June. We'll see.

If you want to take a look at mine to see what it's like with the one insert, I'm happy to take a drive and meet somewhere. I'm only in South Croydon so not far from You I don't think.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Unlikely at the moment Carl. Lots of travel with work currently. That and I've been spending too much recently ha ha.

I will be at TGM at some point soon ish though. Either end of May or beginning of June. Tom ordered me some Cusco ARBs so am just waiting for those to arrive. I'm off to Vegas on the 20th for the week so at this rate I'll most likely be there in June. We'll see.

If you want to take a look at mine to see what it's like with the one insert, I'm happy to take a drive and meet somewhere. I'm only in South Croydon so not far from You I don't think.

Sounds good mate, lets sort something when I am back from Holiday and your back form Vegas, I fly out to St Lucia on 12th May until 24th, car is at TGM 6th until mmm whenever I can pick it up end of month or start of June (getting those imperfections sorted, finally put pics in my build thread for you as requested lol)...

As soon as it's done I have front and rear strut bars and a c-pillar bar to go in, baffled sump to order, drivers side right recaro bolster foam I want to replace and then get the track wheels painted and tyres on. Then I am good to go.

Yeah I am only in West Malling near Maidstone mate :)

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Sounds good. Either one day at the weekend or I'll see if I can get a week day off and have my work done at TGM the same day yours is being dropped off.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Sounds good. Either one day at the weekend or I'll see if I can get a week day off and have my work done at TGM the same day yours is being dropped off.

Dropping mine off this Sat mate as soon as they open as need to get back and doing a radiator / fan change on a mates Mondeo TDCI thing and then brakes on my Brothers Jag XK-R :-(

Next week I have the other halfs car to use so free evenings or if not then when back and picking it up I will let you know

Lewis.mac

Advanced Member
Vibra technics (fast road/track) version all 3

I had new billet innovative all 3, only lived with that for a week (even in that week and them being new the poly split on them) before going for vibra's
So glad i did. Carnt recomend them enough, they are nbr rubber like oem rather than poly, but alot more of it around the whole mount. Zero cabin vibrations! You get what u pay for i guess, vibras are the more expensive, but in my opionion the far better also.
Cant comment on the race versions, but have heard they vibrate also

Gaz700

Id actually changed my mind towards hardrace Street kit...but I'll look into the vibra technics,had them on an old car and no complaints!

Indi

Advanced Member
I have the Innovative billets in 75a hardness and it is one of my favourite mods, they make the car feel so much more raw and are a great addition for track days and also look a lot better than Vibra technics in the bay. But I guess for some people they're a bit too much.

If you did get the Innovatives don't buy the 60A hardness as they seem to split as above. :)

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
I've got Vibratechnic street mounds, same as Lewis Mac as above. Can't recommend enough. Very little vibration, throttle response seems sharp. Recommended!

spooke

Advanced Member
Running the inserts as they were way cheaper than getting new mounts. Definitely felt better although it does add a lot of cabin vibration - rear view mirror and steering wheel vibrate like mad at idle.